Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wegee

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2009
The music app is probably the app I use most, but for now seems really incomplete.

I also noticed a problem with some artists cover images, that randomly doesn't appears in Artists view (even if the mp3s are perfectly tagged and tested in old IOS version). It works all well in albums view.
Here some screenshots

edit: grammar

Attachments

• foto 1.PNG
    foto 1.PNG
    341.8 KB · Views: 120
  • foto 2.PNG
    foto 2.PNG
    356.6 KB · Views: 101
  • foto.PNG
    foto.PNG
    527.1 KB · Views: 99

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
I noticed artist view pulls down the artist's photo from somewhere else (not from the album artwork). Maybe that's why some of your artists are missing the photo?

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
So the missing album art issue that I'm having seems to be related only to albums that I did not buy from iTunes... meaning that I've manually gone and added album art to them.

Suggestions? I've reset settings, I've turned off show all music and itunes match (and turned them all back on). No dice.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Having issues with artwork as well. It shows up fine once you actually play the song. However, a lot of artwork is missing in artist/album view (of which are perfectly tagged). I've noticed its mainly songs/albums not purchased from the iTunes Store. Prob 90% of my songs purchased from iTunes are showing up correctly. As with the betas, the artwork seems to be slowly appearing... music app still feels a bit unfinished :(

edit - glad I'm not the only one!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Does anyone know if you can add artist artwork (not the album art)? It seems some groups have submitted photos to Apple, but a lot haven't. I guess a work-around (Sadly, this word always seems to come up with the iPhone) would be to change the cover art of the alphabetically first album, but I'd rather not.

mcfly88

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Does anyone know if you can add artist artwork (not the album art)? It seems some groups have submitted photos to Apple, but a lot haven't. I guess a work-around (Sadly, this word always seems to come up with the iPhone) would be to change the cover art of the alphabetically first album, but I'd rather not.
I would assume that Apple has requested artist artwork from labels. Wouldn't be surprised if more show up over the next few months.

Wegee

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2009
I spent a lot of time to tag and organize my music, since I have thousands of cds, and I really hate when I can't see artworks (sometimes it helps me to easy recognize album or artist).
Anyway, this albums are not purchased via itunes, so it's strange that randomly the artcover disappear from the db: on my ipad 2 os6 it's all perfect as always.

Maybe it's because itunes is still in beta, let's hope for the final release.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
I love the music app in iOS 6, but 7 kills it quite badly...

I can now only see 3.5 artists rather than 8 in artist view on my 4S, I don't care for album art.

The songs won't play between albums for an artist except in shuffle all... Which is even worse when you only have 1 song per album, and songs are listed in order of album name.

The white background/surround also looks awful. Everyone knows you don't use white backlit surround for photos or video, album art or otherwise. That's why so many like the black iPhone.

Options sure wouldnt kill them.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Ugh. This is frustrating, not being able to shuffle all songs in a genre.

super burrito

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
I probably use the music app more than anything else on this damn phone and they ****ed it up; I don't understand how the makers of the iPod could **** up so badly. Why the hell would they remove the collapsed album view under the artist heading? Why can't I listen to just one album without it moving on to the next album in line when it's through? These are basic functions taken from the iPod. Wtf apple? :mad:

Cory Bauer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Having issues with artwork as well. It shows up fine once you actually play the song. However, a lot of artwork is missing in artist/album view (of which are perfectly tagged). I've noticed its mainly songs/albums not purchased from the iTunes Store. Prob 90% of my songs purchased from iTunes are showing up correctly. As with the betas, the artwork seems to be slowly appearing... music app still feels a bit unfinished :(

edit - glad I'm not the only one!
I have these issues all of the time in iOS 6 across all of my devices including Apple TV.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
I probably use the music app more than anything else on this damn phone and they ****ed it up; I don't understand how the makers of the iPod could **** up so badly. Why the hell would they remove the collapsed album view under the artist heading? Why can't I listen to just one album without it moving on to the next album in line when it's through? These are basic functions taken from the iPod. Wtf apple? :mad:

I agree. WTF!

DIESEL-X

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009
I find it hard to believe that iOS7 is close to GM because I've been waiting ages for Beta 7 of iOS 7 in the hope that it fixes these problems, i.e. missing album covers and the most frustrating to me is that my Albums don't and won't download when pressing the 'download from cloud' symbol for the entire album if you have iTunes Match enabled. In fact even pressing the 'download from cloud' icon for each individual song doesn't work either as the symbol with the red circle outline and red square in the middle (download progress symbol) doesn't progress, the only thing that kick-starts a single song to download is if I choose to play a song, then pause it in the now playing screen that immediately appears, then exit Back from the Now Playing screen and there you will see that particular song downloading which then completes; I have to do this one song at a time including pausing the song and flicking back from the Now Playing screen every time.

Is this only happening with me, or is anyone else experiencing this with iTunes Match enabled on their iPhone.

I've only just recently paid for the iTunes Match service as it seemed a good idea.

Gavtheskav

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2010
Liverpool. Uk
Having used ios7 for 2 days on my iphone 4 im going to rollback to 6. The music app is horrible! Gone is the nice full screen album art and what were they thinking with a bright background. I do a lot of driving and my phone is hand free in a mount, so this new update make it horible to look at and use.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Having used ios7 for 2 days on my iphone 4 im going to rollback to 6. The music app is horrible! Gone is the nice full screen album art and what were they thinking with a bright background. I do a lot of driving and my phone is hand free in a mount, so this new update make it horible to look at and use.

Im still on iOS7 and not sure why considering how RETARDEDLY challenged the music.app is. So frustrating.

How the hell did they regress so badly with the ONE thing that made Apple so popular [music]?

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary
Tried reading through this whole thread but didn't see this bug;

I'm running the GM on my iPhone 5 and have been running every Beta version from the beginning. I try to rate EVERY song so I'm in and out of the app lots and have noticed this from just about every Beta version and no including GM.

After going back into the app with the intent of rating the song, every few songs the app hangs, crashes and when I relaunch it my playlist is still active to the previous song.

I figured this crash would be fixed by GM but apparently not. Anyone else seeing this? I do have a 64GB and have loaded it with about 30GB and the playlist(s) in question have 1000-4000 songs each.

Thoughts?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Not possible. What everyone thought was a bug in the betas is still there. You can only individually delete songs. Way to go Apple.

I cannot understand how they left that functionality out. Having to delete each song on an album to delete the entire album is something you wouldn't expect from someone who's done music players for as long as Apple has.

In addition, the music app frequently crashes when deleting songs.

Last edited:

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I cannot understand how they left that functionality out. Having to delete each song on an album to delete the entire album is something you wouldn't expect from someone who's done music players for as long as Apple has.

In addition, the music app frequently crashes when deleting songs.

Yep that too. Not only does it take forever but it crashes on about every 2nd or third song I've tried to delete. I tunes radio has also crashed twice while selecting a station. Of of those times completely rebooted my phone. Also not listening to iTunes radio for a certain amount of time causes it to "time out" and you have to go back into the app and re-select a station. What a ****** mess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.