Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
In iOS 8.4 it seems to have deleted all the album artwork, and replaced it with art from the iTunes store, with most of it being wrong! Some tracks are correct, but often each track in an album has a different picture. This also happens when the album is in the iTunes store! Anyone have any suggestions? It's really annoying since all my artwork was perfect before.

IMG_1082.jpg IMG_1083.jpg

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm getting this as well and agree it's super annoying when all my album artwork was perfect and now not.

I hope there is a fix (maybe having to re sync once the iTunes update is live?)

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm having the same issue. It's annoying the crap out of me!

I'm getting this as well and agree it's super annoying when all my album artwork was perfect and now not.

I hope there is a fix (maybe having to re sync once the iTunes update is live?)

So far the only way I've found to fix this is to switch off Apple Music

I turned off Apple Music, resynced with iTunes (which removed all artwork and put it all back on), then turned Apple Music on and it has stayed put so far! fingers crossed

jpbeck76

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
My Led Zeppelin II and III albums were both retagged with the same artwork by a completely different band ("Dread Zeppelin")

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Correct. iCloud music library causes the album art to mess up. It's best to keep iCloud music library off.

Which unfortunately turns off any of the "Save to My Music" and offline music that's been saved to your local library. Sucks that it's all or nothing, unless it's just bugging out.

XMZ-250

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2014
Home
Which unfortunately turns off any of the "Save to My Music" and offline music that's been saved to your local library. Sucks that it's all or nothing, unless it's just bugging out.
It's totally a hard decision to make either you can have the ability to save songs offline or have a music library that shows wrong album artwork... BTW, I wonder what will happen to all saved songs offline when the 3-month trial ends?

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
It's totally a hard decision to make either you can have the ability to save songs offline or have a music library that shows wrong album artwork... BTW, I wonder what will happen to all saved songs offline when the 3-month trial ends?
Contacted apple, they say that they're now aware of an issue and engineering are working on a fix... so that's good! Hopefully sooner rather than later

Last edited:

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contacted apple, they say that they're now aware of an issue and engineering are working on a fix... so that's good! Hopefully sooner rather than later

I hope they fix it very soon. For the time being I've turned off the stupid iCloud Music Library, which sucks, but I really can't stand how (tried 4 times re-syncing) it changes so much album art (either does some other random album from the same artist or a totally different artist all together.)

Why must it even touch what I have locally on my phone that has been synced from my iMac? So stupid. I've tried both Merge and Replace options when turning on the iCloud Music Library, same result every single time. I spent many, many hours while on 8.4 beta getting all correct and high res album art for everything and Apple Music just ruins and throws all that away.

It actually even deletes a couple of my albums completely when turning on iCloud Music Library. I would love an option when turning on the Library that does not touch what I have ON my phone already, so that I could actually use Apple Music fully.

Last edited:

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Yep. That's it. I'm out. I want to see some updates first. I'm not going to keep participating in Apple's beta test as they have clearly been doing.

I'm beginning these think these guys have a deadline and when it's time, they clearly so "screw it, release it" and then start fixing the bugs.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I don't mind it doing that...if it's an updated version of the album but there are a lot of times where it actually changes the album art to the wrong one which is super annoying.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I don't mind it doing that...if it's an updated version of the album but there are a lot of times where it actually changes the album art to the wrong one which is super annoying.

It more often changes to a wrong album and sometimes an album art from a totally different artist/genre.

I even have it add the artist photo to one of the artists I have Cadence Weapon. He is male and black...the image it added? Gwen Stefani..............good job iCloud Music Library/iTunes. (See images)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 119

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well. A quick test on a not so up to date library off my MacBook Pro. You "can" correct the messed up album art by finding the art off the web and manually changing it (using the iTunes find album art just keeps adding whatever incorrect art it had replaced with.) It will update it on your phone other devices from your computer iTunes.

SUPER long and tedious work that WE should not have to do. Also I don't think art gets updated on anything that gets greyed out in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.