Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
iOS 9 users please add your issues with iOS 9 here. If the issue is already there please add 1 to the number in brackets (so we can know if bugs are widespread if it touches many people)

Don't forget the most important thing is to report these bugs to Apple, posting them here does not solve anything, and assuming someone else already reported it either, the more reports the more chances of the bug getting fixed before Golden Master.

General
  • Third party keyboard seem broken for me at the time (3) [Swiftkey]
  • During installation Apple id is asked for every app on the device (5)
  • Keyboard pop-ups randomly stop working (4)
  • Experienced a crash (only once) while using Split View on iPad Mini 2. (1)
  • Unable to disable battery % indicator on iPad Air 2 (1) (Working fine on iPad Mini 2)
  • iPhone 6 & 6+ charges extremely slow (4)
  • iPhone 6 & 6+ battery drains far quicker than previous iOS version (6)
  • Waking the phone with the Home button seems to intermittently not work with Touch ID off (2)
  • Can't type a ">" using a Bluetooth keyboard (1)
  • Entire OS freezes occasionally; not responsive to touch or button presses. Only solution is Home + Power for 10 seconds to force a reboot. (3)
  • iPad Air 2 gets hot fast. If you use it for a longer period of time it just keeps getting hotter.
  • The lock screen clock does not appear when music is playing.
Settings App
  • Searching within the settings app can result in the app becoming blank, quitting the app only temporarily solves the issue. It can come back after re-using settings. (3)
  • Doing a Reset Home Screen Layout "kills" my phone and requires a force reboot. (1)
Phone App
  • Unable to hangup a call, screen freezes (2)
  • No sound heard either direction in any phone calls on iPhone 6 Plus (1)
App Store App
  • Updates tab shows "UPDATE_CELL_WHATS_NEW" where the changelog should appear. (6)
Music App
  • Lyrics lose formatting (1) [example]
Siri
  • "Read my text messages" gets stuck reading old previous read messages first (even after they have been erased) (iPhone 5s). (1)

Last edited:

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
My iPhone 6 Plus just blue screen on iOS 9 and is rebooting. I have been trying to restore from an icloud backup for hours.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's not for reporting bugs with a non-public beta.

Any beta bugs are supposed to be reported through the developer portal and developer forums.
Pretty sure any bugs can be reported there, given that the site was there way before any public beta program was available from Apple.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Pretty sure any bugs can be reported there, given that the site was there way before any public beta program was available from Apple.

Fair enough.

It's just not designed for "Developer betas" I should say, since those have both their built-in feedback reporter and their own bug reporters within the developer portal.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
That's not for reporting bugs with a non-public beta.

Any beta bugs are supposed to be reported through the developer portal and developer forums.

Been doing it for years and have seen many things responded to and fixed. No built-in reporter in iOS 9 like there was in iOS 8 betas.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012
image.jpg Anyone else not able to use Apple Pay?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Doing a Reset Home Screen Layout "kills" my phone and requires a force reboot.
App Store's Updates tab shows "UPDATE_CELL_WHATS_NEW" where the changelog should appear.
Waking the phone with the Home button seems to intermittently not work (I have Touch ID off).

Not sure how widespread these are or whether I should add them to the first post.

Edit: Can't type a ">" using a Bluetooth keyboard. "<" works as expected.

Edit 2: Merged all of these into the first post now that it has occurrence numbers.

Last edited:

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
There's a bug with Facebook:

Trying to sign in through other apps through Facebook that requires the Facebook app to log in don't work.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Unsure, but is this the place where I can also talk of broken app compatibility with certain apps?

Fraitor

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
In 18 minutes, iOS 9 used 11% of my battery. 6½ hours later without use, the battery fell 37%! As a curiosity, I activated battery saving....
photo_2015-06-09_07-14-52.jpg photo_2015-06-09_07-15-16.jpg

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
Welp. I ticked "Only show offline music on phone" in the music app without having any music on my phone and now there is no way of switching back until I plug it into iTunes and sync some music. That's an annoying bug lol

cfairbank

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2006
TBH, I installed iOS 9 on a spare 6 and it is running very smooth. I continue to add apps a few at a time just to how stable the os is. So far I have had only one restring and all my main apps open and operate without issue. Apps that I currently have installed are:

Launch Center Pro
Tweetbot
Paper
Outlook
Dark Sky
Weatherline
Spotify (this struggled with early builds of iOS 8)
Instagram
calcbot
google photos
dayone
Snapchat
1Password
Dropbox
Google
Periscope
Fantastical 2
Checkmark 2
Clear
Overcast

Will continue to test and iOS 9 continues to run with only a few hiccups like it has been I will install on my daily driver 6 plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.