Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
I clicked on a embedded video, the swiped down on it. Very similar to how videos work in the YouTube app but I was able to drag the window around.

I initially did this on beta 1 accidentally but never recreated it, but it appears to work!

That was an update from the twitter app. I remember using this when I was in ios 8.4

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
On second thoughts this may be a Twitter app feature...the video can only be moved up and down on the x axis and closed by swiping it to the left of the screen. Almost exactly like YouTube!
Hmm. I just remembered iPhone is not among support list of system wide pip.

Such would be great like what we could see in YouTube, although I wish iPhone 6 Plus could support system wide pip.

Reactions: nheilweil

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
On b2, I'm only getting a blank page on the Music Radio tab even after a reboot. Really hoping for b3 tomorrow! But I was hoping to catch Zane Low's morning show tomorrow which would mean using the b2 Music app.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
On b2, I'm only getting a blank page on the Music Radio tab even after a reboot. Really hoping for b3 tomorrow! But I was hoping to catch Zane Low's morning show tomorrow which would mean using the b2 Music app.
Mine is blank today.
Hope t can be repaired tomorrow.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Don't see an option for an app to be disable from iCloud backups. Got movie box on my iPad and my iCloud is full so can't backup my phone when on iOS 8 I could go in manage storage and disable movie box from being backed up. But not available on iOS 9 B2

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Has anyone else been having problems with viewing the Control Centre? Every now and then I have to reboot my 6 Plus because swiping up from the bottom of the screen does not reveal the Control Centre. Very annoying.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Has anyone else been having problems with viewing the Control Centre? Every now and then I have to reboot my 6 Plus because swiping up from the bottom of the screen does not reveal the Control Centre. Very annoying.
Had the issue where wouldnt swipe down but not yet swiping up that's on an iPad Air first gen

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando

My radio tab is blank too, but I was able to start beats 1 by telling Siri to "play beats 1". She said "Sorry, I'm having trouble playing your music", but then it started playing.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I'm not sure what's causing this, but in the past few days I've experienced a lot more freezing, stuttering and slowness system wide. Apps will simply not open, notifications get stuck, etc.

I have high hopes for beta 3 today.

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
have any of you tried to use offline apple music while on beta 2? For me the songs aren't all downloading and some that do tend to not play fully. There's a horrible skipping bug that crashes the app for me too

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah it seems like Eddie Cue lied, about beta 3 being pushed early this week
Or plans changed, which happens, or it might still happen tomorrow and still can be seen as happening in the earlier part of the week (vs the latter half of week). Doesn't mean some sort of lies where spread.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Anybody know what the location based alerts do exactly or what it's for under system services? Is that used for the new search feature?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anybody know what the location based alerts do exactly or what it's for under system services? Is that used for the new search feature?
That has been there since iOS 8 if not 7. For things like reminders based on location and various other things of that nature.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Or plans changed, which happens, or it might still happen tomorrow and still can be seen as happening in the earlier part of the week (vs the latter half of week). Doesn't mean some sort of lies where spread.
If it happens tomorrow that is mid-week not early week...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If it happens tomorrow that is mid-week not early week...
Technicalities: if you split the week into 2 halves, then one would be the earlier/former half, and the other would be the later/latter half, so in that sense you could still say that if its out in the first half of the week it can be part of that earlier part of the week.

That said, again, it seems like it's quite likely that some plans simply have changed, which isn't unusual at all. Last week they were planning to do it at one point this week, but by the time they got to this week something here or there changed affecting that plan in some way.

In any case, doesn't really seem like this is the thread for this anyway (especially given plenty of other ones already dealing with this).

Reactions: februarian

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
That has been there since iOS 8 if not 7. For things like reminders based on location and various other things of that nature.
Ah yeah you are right! I just noticed it because the toggle was flipped on after I updated to iOS 9. I keep them all off except the find my iPhone one and I couldn't remember that one being there. Thanks!

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Wow! I never thought I'd see 60% again! Did they finally fix the battery percentage skips!?! Time to see if 54,30,27 and 15% will show up! Bout time they fix this! :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 164

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow! I never thought I'd see 60% again! Did they finally fix the battery percentage skips!?! Time to see if 54,30,27 and 15% will show up! Bout time they fix this! :)
As I recall based on some previous feedback from beta 1 and/or 2, these percentage issues don't exist in iOS 9 (at least not in the betas so far).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.