Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hmmm...
Settings, iCloud, Backup shows my last backup was a couple night ago, yet I got a message that my last backup was 7 weeks ago!

View attachment 571570

View attachment 571571

I had that a couple days ago. My last backup was from the previous night but got a pop up saying it's been two weeks. (My guess is the pop up is only looking at/for iOS 8 backups. Since 9 is beta.)

Reactions: nheilweil

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I noticed if you plug in headphones and then turn on your phone it shows the music player on the lock screen and if you look at the bottom corner left side it has the music player icon and if you swipe up holding the icon at the bottom it pulls up the pin code screen so there is no need to swipe right you can hold the music icon and swipe upwards to enter pin code. Is this a bug?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I noticed if you plug in headphones and then turn on your phone it shows the music player on the lock screen and if you look at the bottom corner left side it has the music player icon and if you swipe up holding the icon at the bottom it pulls up the pin code screen so there is no need to swipe right you can hold the music icon and swipe upwards to enter pin code. Is this a bug?
I would add semicolon if I were you.

What you see is likely the proactive intelligence. If you listen to music a lot using head jack, then when you plug in head jack, iOS 9 will suggest stock music app, guessing you will listen to music after that.

Reactions: pmm1221 and skwood

hojx

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore

It is a security measure.

The swipe up and swipe right will result in either you getting to the app (music) or homescreen after unlocking.

You have to enter your passcode either way for security purposes.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012

What you see is likely the proactive intelligence. If you listen to music a lot using head jack, then when you plug in head jack, iOS 9 will suggest stock music app, guessing you will listen to music after that.

Lol sorry typing fast on my lunch hour usually I'm better than that ha

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA

Yeah, it's Proactive. When I plug in my headphones, I see the Audible icon because that's what I normally run when I've got my headphones plugged in.

You also see that as a banner on the bottom of the AppSwitcher as well.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Is this a bug? Most of my music in iTunes is imported cd's of my own and I import my own cover art scanned at a higher res. This album has written letters on the top of the original cover cd that I scanned if you noticed you can't read the status bar anymore because of this. I guess it's not a real problem but has anyone noticed this?

image.png

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Is this a bug? Most of my music in iTunes is imported cd's of my own and I import my own cover art scanned at a higher res. This album has written letters on the top of the original cover cd that I scanned if you noticed you can't read the status bar anymore because of this. I guess it's not a real problem but has anyone noticed this?

View attachment 571720

How is that bug? All it's doing is displaying the album art which happens to have text where the status bar is.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England

View attachment 571720

Poor design or not, it isn't a bug, it is supposed to be like that.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Well I guess that's the way it was designed, the scroll up feature is new so I guess whatever is on your cover art at the very top will overlay on the status bar in this case it's words. No biggie just looks weird.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well I guess that's the way it was designed, the scroll up feature is new so I guess whatever is on your cover art at the very top will overlay on the status bar in this case it's words. No biggie just looks weird.

Album art displaying into the "status bar" area while in the full screen player was by design and has been that way since 8.4 beta and not new to iOS 9.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Speaking of album art, I've been having many of my songs showing incorrect and random album art in the Music app instead of the correct one. When I mean random I really mean random - there's album arts from albums I've never seen or heard of displaying on tracks that I listen to frequently. Where are these random album arts coming from?

Been having this issue since beta 1 and surprised that the issue is still there on beta 4. Surely I'm not the only one that is experiencing this mysterious album art issue?

Here's an example:

image.png

This is the album art that it should be displaying: http://cf-images.emusic.com/music/images/album/156/755/15675521/600x600.jpg

Last edited:

hojx

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore
Speaking of album art, I've been having many of my songs showing incorrect and random album art in the Music app instead of the correct one. When I mean random I really mean random - there's album arts from albums I've never seen or heard of displaying on tracks that I listen to frequently. Where are these random album arts coming from?

Been having this issue since beta 1 and surprised that the issue is still there on beta 4. Surely I'm not the only one that is experiencing this mysterious album art issue?

Here's an example:

View attachment 571758

This is the album art that it should be displaying: http://cf-images.emusic.com/music/images/album/156/755/15675521/600x600.jpg

Check the same song in iTunes and try to override the album art for that song.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Here's an example:

View attachment 571758

The matching system used is not very intelligent at times and will match a song if it sees it on a different album or compilation. You can remedy it by going into iTunes (if you have your Mac also on iCloud music library) and just copy/paste the correct art in the "get info" artwork tab in iTunes for that album. Once you do that and select done it should update shortly after on your phone

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
install icloud control panel for windows (if ur on windows, if on mac, idk sorry) & delete the icloud backups that way, ios should then see all the space freed up, then manually start a new ios 9 backup, should be fine after that & not exponential space usage anymore, at least for me. i deleted all icloud backups even ios 8 ones, as ios 9 is good enough for me to keep using it constantly till release
Hmmm I tried this and on the first screen it shows 4.98 GB free but then I click storage and it shows the same shortage of space that it shows on my iPhone manage storage screen with the space still not freed and 0 backups on there...

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015

Here's an example:

View attachment 571758

Have you got apple music on? I think such issue could be linked to Apple music.

or334

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
From the moment I updated my iOS 9 to beta 4, the Proactive Siri suggestions (Applications & Contacts) suddenly disappeared and it doesn't work anymore.
Is anyone else facing the same problem?

Deasnutz

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
Slow speeds on LTE anyone? Ip6+, this version seemed to have weird download speeds, Safari and Apple Music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.