Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
London
As always, be sure to report any and all bugs to bugreport.apple.com (a developer account is not required to do this)

Add more details for your bug report additional-information (Optional)

Changes:
  • Noticeable performance improvements over iOS 9 GM and iOS 8.4.1
  • New emoji
  • News App now becomes available for Australian and UK users.
  • Support for iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and Apple Smart Keyboard.
Bugs:
  • Pages in the multitasking view still sometimes snap to the right when closing other pages
  • Whatsapp may not work for certain iPhone 6+ users (If previously installed before 9.1 the app will work! If being freshly installed due to a clean install you will get an error saying there is something wrong with the version you have)
  • Siri App Suggestions in spotlight icons are slightly blurry
  • Can't swipe back to home screen from left Spotlight if Siri Suggestions is switched off
  • iBooks crashes 2-3 sec after launching ????? (works well on an iPad Air 2 & iPad 3)
  • When adding a contact photo, you can't zoom or move the photo to fit the circle
  • App volume is not respected until it manually changed for new/opened apps
  • When opening up Messages to see a new message, the second to last person's contact photo is in the new messenger's photo for a split second. Then it switches back to normal (6+)
  • Viewing a photo zoomed in as far as possible in the Photos app results in blur
  • When sending an email link in Safari whilst using a 3rd party keyboard (or if you switch to a 3rd party keyboard) you'll experience a white screen and no keyboard
  • In multitasking view, Messages app is no longer all white, actually shows conversation threads now
  • Flickr broken, will not work one logged in
  • HotUKDeals crashes multiple times before loading.
  • If phone is woken in landscape then flipped to portrate the bottom icons (phone mail etc) get flipped.
  • Upgrade to WiFi Calling option not working on iPads (does not show the PIN needed to complete the process on the iPhone). Worked previously on iOS 9.0.
Bugs carried over from iOS 9 GM:
  • Settings still opens scrolled down past Airplane Mode
  • Spotlight search still lags
  • Contacts shows all groups by default. When you uncheck them it only lasts until the app is closed
  • Animation missing when going out of edit view in Messages (present even in iOS 8)

I've made the post a WikiPost so feel free to add changes you find above :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Auto Lock restricted to 30 seconds when on Low Power Mode?

I do have a MDM profile that restricts Auto Lock to 1 minute.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 578

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Seems that iOS 9.1 beta 1 has ironed out many bugs from iOS 9.0 beta 1.
Guess this version should be a better version for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
WhatsApp is not working on 9.1 beta 1. "Something is wrong with this version of whatsapp." message popup.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Question: I was running iOS9b5 by doing the install of iOS9PB and deleting the profile. I updated to 9.1 without any issues. Can I load 9.1 on a device that was never running the beta or is it only able to be loaded on devices that were previously running the beta?

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
Did anybody mention very slow Apps download from the App Store and iCloud? Terribly slow, hours to download somethings small...

Reactions: nerdriot

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Question: I was running iOS9b5 by doing the install of iOS9PB and deleting the profile. I updated to 9.1 without any issues. Can I load 9.1 on a device that was never running the beta or is it only able to be loaded on devices that were previously running the beta?
If that device is running official version of iOS, then you need to install Public Beta profile on that machine, and install beta.

Reactions: rstark18

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
No. You said that iOS 9.1 Beta 1 fixes the bugs in iOS 9.0 beta 1. Surely you mean it fixes the bugs in iOS 9.0 GM? iOS 9.0 Beta 1 is quite old.
Oh. Sorry for this.
I compare this version with iOS 9 beta 5.
For example, in settings app, manage storage, manage cloud storage section, if app name is too long, then app name text will mix up with capacity number. This has been fixed in iOS 9.1 beta 1.
And a user posts proactive search page search bar is too high in iOS 9 GM. This issue seems to be fixed in iOS 9.1 beta 1.
So I suppose it may fix some bugs in iOS 9 GM.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I did a clean install, and it is not working for me: it throws this error at the 'verifying number' stage where it is supposed to send me an SMS.

alleggerita

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Singapore
Go try scrolling through photos in your camera roll. There seems to be new animation. Like a kind of Ken burns effect when it's transiting from one photo to another. Not sure if this existed since early betas or it's a GM thingy.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

windywalks

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2004
Bugs:
  • Settings still opens scrolled down past Airplane Mode
  • Pages in the multitasking view still sometimes snap to the right when closing other pages
  • Whatsapp does not work on iPhone 6plus

I've made the post a WikiPost so feel free to add changes you find above :)[/QUOTE]

WhatsApp on my 6 plus works just fine, no errors or dialogs. Just received a message as I type this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.