Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Performance has improved over 9.1..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
But doesn't everyone have the same issues and it's just some people that are not noticing them or don't care about them?
Every iPhone 5 performs the same.6 will perform differently as different hardware.Not to mention iPhone 5 has fewer pixels to push than iPhone 6

Reactions: DoctorKrabs

msae

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
I didn't think there would be any improvements in performance in this beta either, but they're definitely there.

1) App Switcher used to slightly stutter when animating back from the top most app (i.e. launch app switcher and then immediately go back to previous app or home screen). This has been fixed.
2) Rotation bug (either stuck in portrait or need to do various forms of voodoo to get 6s+ to rotate on home screen). This has been fixed.
3) 3D Touch laggy on 6s+. This has been improved, although not quite as smooth as a 6s.
4) Spotlight, Notification Center and Control Center are pretty fluid now.

I'd expect the GM to have some pretty solid additional improvements.
Regarding the 3D Touch, do you have a 6s to compare with? I'm seeing a MASSIVE improvement on my 6s+. It now performs identically with reduce transparency on/off for 3D Touch menus.

Edit: Ok, maybe not identically, but it's VERY close. I'd guess it's almost 60 fps. We're getting there. Keep submitting feedback, everyone. It's our only hope for improvement, and it's obviously made a difference. 9.2b1 is so much smoother than 9.1.

Last edited:

acm1108

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
All of my music is missing, which is a huge bummer.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 148

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Every iPhone 5 performs the same.6 will perform differently as different hardware.Not to mention iPhone 5 has fewer pixels to push than iPhone 6
Less pixels but with a rather less powerful CPU and GPU which balances it out and makes that type of a point rather moot.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Gotta say. 9.2 is working great. Opening and closing apps, going in and out of the apps switcher and opening apps from the app switcher. I like that it scrolls faster when going back towards the home screen in case you missed the app you where looking for.

Dragging down spotlight is still really bad and the occasional stutter is still there when doing anything. But I like using my iPhone 6 again. Air 2 is a little bit better in the same areas but I noticed the biggest difference on my 6.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Gotta say. 9.2 is working great. Opening and closing apps, going in and out of the apps switcher and opening apps from the app switcher. I like that it scrolls faster when going back towards the home screen in case you missed the app you where looking for.

Dragging down spotlight is still really bad and the occasional stutter is still there when doing anything. But I like using my iPhone 6 again. Air 2 is a little bit better in the same areas but I noticed the biggest difference on my 6.

can you please check the restrictions menu? is it translated correctly? or written lıke unicode style

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Speaking of being jacked up... I went to test this and anothe alignment bug...
I tried reproducing your settings search issue but can't. I'm wondering if the root cause of the these weird UI alignment issues can be traced back to one or two bugs?

iOSBry

coolsean20

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2014

I agree with you 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.