Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Build: 13C5075 / 13C75

OTA for iPad Air 2 1.3 GB
OTA for iPhone 6S+ 1.3 GB
OTA for iPhone 6+ 1.4 GB
OTA for iPhone 6 1.4 GB
OTA for iPhone 5S 1.3 GB

Peculiarity: Since its release, this iOS beta has come in 1 week cycles.

Changes:

-Improved Safari View Controller for web links
-Siri support for Arabic

Bugfixes:
  • iPad Air 2 App Switcher/Multitasking stutter is fixed.
Bugs:
  • Messages – animation missing when tapping on Edit and then Cancel (the messages will just pop back).
  • If an iPhone in landscape mode (sleep/wake button facing upwards) with keyboad on screen is turned for 180 degrees to alternative landscape mode, keyboard rotating animation executes in an opposite direction than other UI elements.
  • Dark keyboard flashes when changing capitalization.
  • If you slide down NC all the way, move it back up, and press the home button before it's done with its animations, NC, CC, Siri, and single presses on the home button don't work. Issue known since 9.0 and somehow unfixed, after all the 9.1 betas and 9.2 betas.
  • If you hold the home button for Siri and pull down NC at the same time, Siri gets cut off.
  • Doing a combination of the two bugs above gets you this crazy mess that requires a hard reset to get out of. www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3NTYTagjk
  • Music – ability to swipe between Library/Playlists and All Apple Music/My Music is missing.
  • Safari – a black rectangle appears during fade out animation when you're in landscape favorite bookmarks view and tap outer area in order to close it.
  • Scrolling in the Cellular section of Settings has noticeable choppiness, especially at the bottom of the app list.
  • iPhone 6s still randomly rebooting
  • Settings App In Multi-Task STILL blank
  • App updates sometimes do not complete and the devices needs to be restarted and the update downloaded again.
  • imessage turned off by default after update.
Bugs from Beta 4 release notes:
  • If using a third-party keyboard as the default keyboard, you will be unable to enter your user name and password in a Captive Wi-Fi login. Workaround: Leave the login screen, go to a different app and invoke the Apple system keyboard, then return to the Captive Wi-Fi login screen and use the system keyboard.
  • Smiley emoji may be not rendered correctly when input from the Frequently Used category.
  • Siri recognizes Arabic speech input, but does not return results

This is a wiki.

Last edited:

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Yup. Downloading on Air 2 and 5S. Hopefully there are some major changes and optimizations to Metal API.

Huge update this.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Air 2 just finished, 6s still installing. Time to see whats up.

TWC fixed the Apple server issue 5 minutes before the update. Thank god. Otherwise this would have taken 20 hours, not 5 minutes.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Safari still screws up the most recent tab when the app is "killed" and reopened or the phone restarts.

Reactions: gewawd

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Can't find a single difference between any of the last few beta release on my iPhone 6s, other than the camera launching faster.

Reactions: XTheLancerX

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
Battery life seem to have taken a big hit, while downloading this beta over wifi. Weird. Hopefully that is fixed in the next beta.

jk jk/sarcasm. Downloading now.

Baby12

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2015
Stavanger
No major changes. Still lags in CC iPhone 6. I reported tone of bugs, I hope everyone did same. They did nothing. Bad Apple

ahildebrand12

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2015
No major changes. Still lags in CC iPhone 6. I reported tone of bugs, I hope everyone did same. They did nothing. Bad Apple

I don't know why they don't fix any of these lags. On my iPhone 6, Control center lags, the app switcher is WAYY to fast. A lot of people have reported these bugs but they don't ever fix them. It has to do with them trying to implement Metal into the core OS.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
iPad Air 2 does feel tiny bit snappy on 9.2 beta 4. It is surely not stuttering in App switcher anymore.
So on this device, iOS is nearing perfection.

Edit: Ohh yes, it is definitely better than beta 3 in terms of overall smoothness (Air 2). Still this is too early to tell. But preliminary result is promising. Nearing iOS 6-7 smoothness levels.

My 5S is still updating. Will report tomm about it.

syphern

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
lagging like crazy still! Android Marshmallow is looking mighty fine for me right now!

im kidding love my 6s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.