Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

shad0whawk

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Didn't see this posted in the beta 1 or beta 2 thread so far so I thought I'd mention it. It looks like family sharing app purchase requests can once again be approved using your fingerprint instead of having to enter your password each time. I just noticed this in beta 2 but it's possible that it existed in beta 1. I know it didn't exist in 9.2.1.

stevenamani

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
I have just restored my phone back to iOS 9.2 because of issues with WiFi and also inability to remain connected to the Apple Watch.
One change I did notice was that tapping on a song title in the Music app now takes you to the artists page instead of allowing you to rate the song. This might be a big deal for some people.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Didn't see this posted in the beta 1 or beta 2 thread so far so I thought I'd mention it. It looks like family sharing app purchase requests can once again be approved using your fingerprint instead of having to enter your password each time. I just noticed this in beta 2 but it's possible that it existed in beta 1. I know it didn't exist in 9.2.1.

I noticed that this was back as well. Wasn't sure if this was Beta 2 related or not. But definitely glad to have it back. Is anyone else still running Beta 1 or lower able to approve family sharing requests with the fingerprint sensor? That would tell us if it's Beta 2 related or not.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have just restored my phone back to iOS 9.2 because of issues with WiFi and also inability to remain connected to the Apple Watch.
One change I did notice was that tapping on a song title in the Music app now takes you to the artists page instead of allowing you to rate the song. This might be a big deal for some people.

Tapping the song takes you to the album that the song that is play is from. Rating was moved barely 1cm up to tapping on the cover art.

nifta

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
I switched back to 9.2 today after the beta suddenly insisted that I had 0 bytes free on my device and kept bugging me with reminders about it (iTunes confirmed I had 6gb free).

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
how is battery life on beta 2?
On my 6 I struggled to get 3 hours of usage with every possible battery consuming setting off. On a 6s restored from the 9.3b2 backup, even with battery consuming settings on, I'm averaging 6-7 hours usage. This is the best battery life I've personally ever seen on an iPhone. I've been able to unplug at 5AM, and go the entire day, finally plugging in around 8PM. That's with two hours of travel to and from work via mass transit, so I'm hopping cell sites heavily. It's worth mentioning that the 6 I was running 9.3b2 on had no cellular connectivity and was wifi only. YMMV, but I'm hoping this trend continues!

Reactions: hajali01

maugustine

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2014
Portland, OR
Also having two other issues:

1. If someone calls and I don't answer it, it shows as (2) missed calls from that person in the recent calls list, and when you click on the details, it says they were both at the exact same time.
2. I've been getting some notifications late related to calls/voicemail. For example, I'll receive a call, and actively decline the call. Everything seems to be fine, but then randomly a couple hours later, it'll all of a sudden show a missed call from that person on the lock screen notifications page, saying I missed a call from that person at the exact time they called earlier and I declined the call. I've had similar cases with voicemail where someone will call, and I'll let it go to voicemail, and I see that they left a voicemail in the Phone app (red 1 over the voicemail icon), yet a couple of hours later, I'll get a notification on the lock screen suddenly of a new voicemail from that person, showing the time they left it earlier.

It seems that these all related to calls that are missed/declined.

Anyone else running into this?

I've had the issue where any calls I answer show up much later as a missed call.
[doublepost=1454915575][/doublepost]

1. If someone calls and I don't answer it, it shows as (2) missed calls from that person in the recent calls list, and when you click on the details, it says they were both at the exact same time.
2. I've been getting some notifications late related to calls/voicemail. For example, I'll receive a call, and actively decline the call. Everything seems to be fine, but then randomly a couple hours later, it'll all of a sudden show a missed call from that person on the lock screen notifications page, saying I missed a call from that person at the exact time they called earlier and I declined the call. I've had similar cases with voicemail where someone will call, and I'll let it go to voicemail, and I see that they left a voicemail in the Phone app (red 1 over the voicemail icon), yet a couple of hours later, I'll get a notification on the lock screen suddenly of a new voicemail from that person, showing the time they left it earlier.

Curious, do you have AT&T NumberSync enabled?

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I've just noticed that in the Music app on my iPhone 6S+, I've got the option of My Music and Playlists at the bottom, similar to the iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 183

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I've just noticed that in the Music app on my iPhone 6S+, I've got the option of My Music and Playlists at the bottom, similar to the iPad.

It's been on and off that Connect swaps to Playlist for the last little while. I've seen it bounce back n forth between the two on both 9.3 beta 2 and 9.2.1 official release.

Reactions: Stupotpot

RealMonster

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Tapping the song takes you to the album that the song that is play is from. Rating was moved barely 1cm up to tapping on the cover art.
Ugh, the UI in Music is so undiscoverable. And why would they make that change? It just guarantees that people that know the old way to do it are going to be confused.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Ugh, the UI in Music is so undiscoverable. And why would they make that change? It just guarantees that people that know the old way to do it are going to be confused.
Yeah, for like 5 min lol. It's better because it makes it easier to get to the currently playing album than trying to tap the "..."

gafaws

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2016
Just join the 21st century and use Whatsapp :p

Ha! I'm there, but the people I'm texting with aren't quite there :)

I had this problem with PB 1 - hadn't seen it yet with PB 2 until yesterday, with a missed audio FaceTime call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.