Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Hello all. I am STOKED for the PB hopefully coming out soon today.
BUT.....I have a few questions. If I get it on my iPhone 5s, will I be able to use my Apple Watch without an issue.
Also, would I still be able to use the apps I have installed?
Thanks!

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
yes IOS 9 Beta will not effect your watch functionality and it will work as it does now. However, if a specific app doesn't work on your phone with ios 9 beta it will stop functioning on the watch.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
yes IOS 9 Beta will not effect your watch functionality and it will work as it does now. However, if a specific app doesn't work on your phone with ios 9 beta it will stop functioning on the watch.
Ok. So some apps may not work. Got it, thanks!

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
If the public beta is the same build as beta 3 from yesterday, using it may not be the best idea. It's a bit buggy and more so than beta 2 which was pretty good.
I haven't found that to be the case. What isn't working in beta 3 that worked in 2? Mine seems pretty stable on a 6+

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
If the public beta is the same build as beta 3 from yesterday, using it may not be the best idea. It's a bit buggy and more so than beta 2 which was pretty good.
Ill prob just get it on my iPad Air and see how it goes. If I deem it ok, ill put it on my iPhone.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I haven't found that to be the case. What isn't working in beta 3 that worked in 2? Mine seems pretty stable on a 6+

Just by going through the beta 3 thread and through my own use there definitely seems to be a consensus that it's not as good as beta 2. People are reporting poor battery life compared to beta 3, I found many new UI bugs which weren't in beta 2 along with ones since beta 1 that haven't been fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.