Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I'm sure this has been said but I'm not looking through 500 posts. I would love the ability to upload files besides pictures to webpages. Would be nice to send PDF files or something. Have it open iCloud Drive and be able to select a PDF for upload. It's aggravating not being able to upload real files.

Reactions: emerezi

digitalfields

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I just want it to fix my crashing problems that were caused by iOS 8! Wait do you think iOS 9 could do more damage than iOS 8? Apple doesn't believe that I have problems with my New iPhone 6 Plus! You would think they at least designed iOS 8 to work smoothly with the 6 plus but that doesn't seem to be the case as my video will show.

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Raise to Wake for iPhone and iPad.

I believe it would be a fantastic feature. Picking you phone up off the table and holding it up as you are about to unlock it would wake the screen, just as it does on the Apple Watch. Especially due to the fact that after my 2 year contract, my home button can sometimes wear a little. It would really take some of the strain off of the home button usage. As long as Apple really works on making sure it works properly, and doesn't wake in your pocket (as it would be huge drain of battery).

I think it seems like a logical addition that will be seen in iOS 9.

LightningApple

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2015
The only thing I think we will see with iOS 9 is stability and security improvements. I think that Siri also will get a new look, as the apple watch Siri has now. iOS 9 will ofc see other other small features. I would really like to see Apple let us customize stuff like the control center, and I would love to see a night mode as well.

Reactions: darkknight14

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
My biggie is similar to a couple mentioned - remove download limits and upload limits. Why, with unlimited data, does Photos have to wait for WiFi to upload any photos and videos to iCloud? I can opt to use mobile data in Flickr, OneDrive and Google. I'd love it if Apple gave me an option to use mobile data for the official photos app.

Reactions: bkrbyndr

bkrbyndr

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2014
Stockholm
My biggie is similar to a couple mentioned - remove download limits and upload limits. Why, with unlimited data, does Photos have to wait for WiFi to upload any photos and videos to iCloud? I can opt to use mobile data in Flickr, OneDrive and Google. I'd love it if Apple gave me an option to use mobile data for the official photos app.

Same here !! I have unlimited data, but update programs and stuff on Apple Store when it's bigger than 100mb

Lizardo90

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
Haven't been following the whole thread...but I wish they add the option to respond to text with Siri no matter what language you have her set too...for example if I receive a text message in Spanish I want to reply in Spanish using Siri even tho she is set to English.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Predictive phone dialer. I will miss this feature the most on Android. Spelling out "Alex" using numbers instead of searching contacts will be huge.

Reactions: Ipadlover29

darkknight14

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2011
Haven't been following the whole thread...but I wish they add the option to respond to text with Siri no matter what language you have her set too...for example if I receive a text message in Spanish I want to reply in Spanish using Siri even tho she is set to English.

Interesting, I never thought of that 'issue' before - certainly seems logical to bring it to iOS now

JakeT85

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2012
1) Fixed Safari tab reload issue
2) Be able to make a ringtone on the device without a need for iTunes and the 10 steps it currently takes, should be able to do this with an extension if they'd open up the necessary api
3) Lockscreen widgets
4) Customizable control center
5) Ability to delete apple apps, on the same token Apple start pushing updates to them through app store so don't have to wait for software update
6) Close all apps in app switcher
7) Theme icon packs/fonts in app store
8) Assign screen gestures to accomplish tasks
9) Allow to assign default apps
10) Open up access to Bluetooth and NFC
11) Apple allow you to have access to root and install non verified apps/tweaks in exchange for a void of warranty.......hey a guy can dream

Last edited:

Agent-J

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Swype's getting worse, it barely works with Messages now. I have to kill & restart the app almost every time I use it. So, I hope iOS and the 3rd party keyboards will play nice for a change. (I suppose that if Apple could make it better, they'd not wait for a whole new iOS to do so, but it never hurts to hope.)

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I'd like to see each version be actually built for that hardware.

Right now (to my understanding), there's one version of iOS, the fully loaded version, that starts on the 6/6S. Then, for each device, it's adapted from that version, with features turned off (or on for the iPad).

Instead, I want a version that is built specifically for each device. Instead of the 4S version being a trickle down version, its built from the ground up on (sorta) on that device.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Siri saying:
"It's been 3 hours since you last went to the rest room. I suggest you start planning. Do you want me to show a map with the nearby restrooms and create a reminder?":D

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Siri to know the correct time (zone) when asked.

As when travelling time is not updated fast enough if privacy/location services/system services/setting time zone is off.

Siri should know the time and automatically adjust it. Shouldnt have to flick set automatically on/off to correct time (in settings/general/date and time)

PhiLLoW

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2014
Ipad mouse support. if you could connect a bluetooth mouse or magic trackpad to the ipad the productivity would increase a lot. keyboard users will understand.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Ipad mouse support. if you could connect a bluetooth mouse or magic trackpad to the ipad the productivity would increase a lot. keyboard users will understand.
I was hoping they would get to that after announcing the QuickType 'trackpad' feature. If they did, I would like it to work seamlessly with iOS, unlike Android does.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 9 features have already been announced. Wishlist doesn't really apply much. Sounds like it's more for iOS 10/X at this point.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
- a WAY better way for doing text selection, copy and paste. Especially text selection -> yes!!
- offline maps -> nope :(
- offline siri -> nope :(
- an icloud drive that works, maybe with sharing options -> yes, new sharing options from safari! :)
- an icloud drive app ->yess!
- open ibooks and music app a bit (eg airdrop support) -> don't know yet
- option to have the big simple keyboard in landscape, for the iPhone 6 and 6+. -> nope :-/
- third party keyboards support that doesn't sucks -> have to try iOS9
- A spotify killer -> hopefully :)
- better use of the iPad big screen -> of course!
- adblock for safari -> OMG YES!
- quick reply api for third party apps -> Yes :) much appreciated
- usb key support without iTunes -> mmm...never?
- bugfixes (please) -> plenty :)

Uhm...i didn't fare bad! :))

tresmith

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Ability to:
- Customize Control Center
- Place icons anywhere along the grid
- Schedule DND mode (weekday versus weekend)
- Enable data monitor to cap at X Gb
- Add widgets on lockscreen

the complications that are on the apple watch that gives you small bites of info would be great on the iphone home screen.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Do something about those app icons

Still no consistency. Was anything thought put into the Reminders, Notes, Weather, Videos, Health icon art?

My goodness Apple.

_0x10c

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2015
iOS 9 Tweak Wishlist

iOS 9 beta 1 has been released. Yet there are [still] a few features I would like to see.

-That Find My Friends would no longer be a stock app. It's quite unnecessary. Although I'm glad Find My iPhone is finally built in.

-Some kind of tab button on keyboard.

-Remove Tips app. I have learned one thing from this (request desktop site), and would appreciate this being moved to Settings or in the new Spotlight Search.

-Allow us to turn off unnecessary apps, like Weather.

-Move Compass app to an option in the Maps app.

-Move Stocks app to within the new News app.

-Add the "Always Allow" switch back to the Safari Passwords & Autofill section. And also allow some way for us to add accounts within the Settings app.

-Add an option to delete browsing history automatically in Safari within a certain amount of time, like on OS X.

-Add the stock Calculator app to the iPad. (But still with a way to turn off.)

-Fix AutoCorrect, and add a way to add words to a "dictionary" of our own.

-Add some kind of tag to apps in the App Store which shows whether they offer Widgets and a keyboard or not.

-Make Safari extensions free for developers to host. Or at least lower the price.

-Make Safari extensions available to be bundled with apps. This way, the extension developers can still make money if their extension blocks ads or something like that. And an extension tag would be with their app, with the Widget and Keyboard tag.

-A screen recording option in the Camera app.

-Customizable Control Center; maybe third-party apps could add a special button to it. Kind of like Widgets in the Control Center, except it would just be a button.

-Just as there is a low power mode, there would also be an increased performance mode. If possible.

That's all I have for now; comment on what you would like to see!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.