Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
I've seen Surface tablets at the store, they look nice, problem is I don't like Windows, I know Windows Surface might be different than previous versions and might meet my "old-fashion needs", but the bitter taste Windows has left in the past still remains.

Then yes, seems like your only option for now is an Android based tablet for those times you want to be able to upload an arbitrary file to a website.

Or, you can tell Apple directly how you feel.
http://www.apple.com/feedback/

It's probably your best bet, if getting a feature added to iOS is your actual goal with this thread.

walkie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Right...

Didn't you also write:

Seems like the problem is not the iPad. The problem is you buying products you flat out know will not meet your needs.

You say you NEED a file system, then you don't NEED an iPad even if it has a "beautiful retina display".

And you still haven't told us what website you were trying to upload to where your "precious" GS4 swooped in and saved the day.

Maybe you're right, but by the time I bought my iPad 3 the iOS's app ecosystem was better and more promising than that of Android, that fact changed my mind, some years later I buy my S4 because I missed my old-fashion USB port and file system and ditched to buy an iPhone 5. As for the website I mentioned in my post you need to sign in to test the upload button, I didn't make up a story, I just wanted to share my frustration on the forum and my precious S4 saved my day so it has merit :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.