Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaRazcal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
For some reason, when I create a voice memo on my Macbook, it shows up on my iPhone but NOT the other way around. iCloud Sync for Voice Memos is checked on both devices. I have a lot of older Voice Memos on my iPhone which are not syncing to my Macbook either, which is a drag. Does anybody have a fix for this?

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Having the same problem here. Can't figure this out. Looks like a bug. I have a thread open on Apple's support site if you want to follow it. Hopefully someone posts a solution there or here because I have about 50 voice memos I want to export to my desktop and this would save me a whole lot of time if it would start working.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Here's what I did that fixed this.

I recorded a voice memo on my Mac as a test to see if it would sync to my phone. I did it, opened up Voice Memos on my phone and there was the new desktop recording. Within a few seconds, the entire list of phone voice memos appeared out of nowhere in the desktop app. It looks like recording a voice memo on the desktop app triggered a sync between devices.

Edit: just noticed you were already doing this. Hmm... not sure why this worked for me but not for you. I hope you get it figured out.

wills11

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
For some reason, when I create a voice memo on my Macbook, it shows up on my iPhone but NOT the other way around. iCloud Sync for Voice Memos is checked on both devices. I have a lot of older Voice Memos on my iPhone which are not syncing to my Macbook either, which is a drag. Does anybody have a fix for this?

Issues here as well. Have done everything, logging in/out of iCloud, toggling iCloud Drive option for Voice Memos, restarted, etc. Nothing was syncing.

I created a test recording on each of my three devices, and yesterday, it synced—but only:

iPhone test appeared on Mac and iPad
iPad test appeared on Mac
Mac test appeared on iPad

In other words: nothing synced to my iPhone.

And, even more strangely, recordings on the iPhone have not synced since.

This is a disaster—how is it possible that the sync is so poorly implemented, given that other iCloud items sync perfectly?
[doublepost=1547846591][/doublepost]Update: have started a new thread on Apple Discussions:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250097299

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.