Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
As I said, I bought this one, if your talking about the Apple knock off.

So listen, I think your misunderstanding my post.

I'm not attacking anyone, person or site. Just the products I have experience with. Don't want my opinion, don't read my posts, but I have had about 15 cases now.

Just giving my experience as I see it bro.

The case in question is a knock off from the Apple original, and a bad one, I have had it for awhile and its falling apart.

Want the truth or do you want me to tell you its a great case and will last a lifetime?

This one looks great though!

http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDMA

hey, 3goldens, have you tried this?

Sin Pad

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Anyone tried this? I'm going to buy a smart cover for my ipad 2, is it good to use?

I bought the Tucano Magico yesterday in a store here in Switzerland. The Switcheasy Coverbuddy was next to it, so I could compare.

The Tucano was *slightly* thicker (but maybe that's just imagination), but has a much better grip. The Switcheasy Coverbuddy looks a tiny bit cooler IMO (esp the part that covers the speakers), but it's almost as slippery as the naked iPad. Dropping that thing was my biggest concern, so I went for the Tucano. Once I had it in my hands, it was a no-brainer. I got the black one which looks great with the red smartcover. Really nice.

edit: the Tucano is NOT bulky at all !!

ps: this is my first post here; up to now I was only reading, thanks to you guys I got a better understanding of what to look out for - thanks much!!

edit2: changed to the correct name of the skin I compared the Tucano to: Switcheasy Coverbuddy

Last edited:

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
Personally, I also like Speck, but I had one, and I also bought one from case2case, now I need a different one. The one different from Speck and the smart cover.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I just ordered the Tucano MAGICO (black eco-leather) and the Tucano CORNICE (black eco-leather) direct from tucanousa.com 2 days ago. It will be interesting to compare them to the Melkco Slimme and the SGP Griff cases which I have already had. It shipped already and is expected to get to me on Wednesday (fedex).

http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDMA
http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IPDCO

I really like the look of the Cornice model, I just wish it did not cover so much of the bezel. I have the white iPad, and hate to hide it. Please post pictures when you receive it; the case is gorgeous!

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
I am debating on refusing the order and ordering from macmall. They don't have either of them in yet but their prices with free shipping for both is around $72 vs the $113.45 i paid going direct to tucano. Even if I get deducted for shipping from tucano I would still save around $32. I will probably just bite the bullet and accept the sooner delivery.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I am debating on refusing the order and ordering from macmall. They don't have either of them in yet but their prices with free shipping for both is around $72 vs the $113.45 i paid going direct to tucano. Even if I get deducted for shipping from tucano I would still save around $32. I will probably just bite the bullet and accept the sooner delivery.
Yikes! That's a big price difference. Considering how long you will have the cases, perhaps a wait of a few more days might be worth it.
Just sayin'......:rolleyes:

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
Macmall said they think it will be weeks before they get inventory. All other places seem to be selling it for much more than macmall (pre orders also) so I will just accept it. I have spent so much on cases that that amount probably won't even be visible on an my budget ;). Maybe that should be a :(.... :).

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011

$72 vs the $113.45, so expensive to me ...

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2009
Individually they are $22 for magico and $50 for the cornice which seems like good prices to me.

tp1

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Generally speaking, the ipad 2 smart cover with back cover is cheaper and useful.

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
How about this leather ipad 2 case, they said it is smart cover.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 109

Shoppergirl

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
So RocknRose did Tucano say when all colors might be available for ordering? All I see now is lt blue, black and grey.

Maria Robinson

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
Case2Case iPad 2 Smart Cover....i"ll recommend the same, though I haven't used this, but got to listen frnds giving the positive reviews about the same....i think it would be the best option...:) go ahead!!!

tp1

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Case2Case iPad 2 Smart Cover....i"ll recommend the same, though I haven't used this, but got to listen frnds giving the positive reviews about the same....i think it would be the best option...:) go ahead!!!

Thank you for your review, I may try.

truciet

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
i have the green one from sw-box. i hate the feeling of it :(

it feels like cheap microfiber like you're trying to rub dirt off...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.