Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redandwhite

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
Me! If it's a morning launch. If it's evening then probably the metro centre. Reckon there'll be much demand up here?

Would be nice to have some price info confirmed...

AndyboyH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Newcastle, UK
Me! If it's a morning launch. If it's evening then probably the metro centre. Reckon there'll be much demand up here?

Would be nice to have some price info confirmed...

You're thinking the same way I am - don't think I could be bothered to queue in Newcastle if it is a 5pm job, but would in the morning... Glad I'm not the only one thinking like that :)

I think there'll be fair demand - seems to be a number of people talking in the UK thread in the last couple of hours about Eldon Square vs the Metrocenter...

Don't think there'll be the same risk of stock running out as say, London, but I guess the cheaper models will evaporate first... Also a lot of people will see it as 3DS or iPad2 I think...

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I'll be heading into the Metro on friday, looking at getting there for midday, plenty of things to kill time with in there :)

I was planning on Eldon but the parking is better at the Metro and I'm precious with my car :p

God I want it now lol

Craigstudley

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Forest hall, Newcastle, Uk
Metro centre at 12

I'm the same, midday at the metro centre. Will be good to see a few of u there. What models are u guys going for? I'm going for the 64gb wifi in White. With a smart cover not sure which one yet.

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

The way I'm thinking is, metrocentre is the smallest of the 2 stores and may get less stock, also, most people coming from around the north east will go to the metrocentre because it's easy to get to and free parking...... So for me, I'm going to get a lift to eldon square and make my own way home :)

Craigstudley

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Forest hall, Newcastle, Uk
good point

that's a good point, but if we are there from 12 we are almost guaranteed the ones we want. plus the town is a lot more accessible than the metro centre store, and it's not that much bigger than the metro centre, im sticking my decision, metro centre at 12 it is.

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Craigstudley said:
that's a good point, but if we are there from 12 we are almost guaranteed the ones we want. plus the town is a lot more accessible than the metro centre store, and it's not that much bigger than the metro centre, im sticking my decision, metro centre at 12 it is.

You might be right..... And I don't fancy getting the metro home, will the apple store be closed all day until 5pm ???

Red Bull

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Darlington, UK
I don't think I'll be going to an Apple Store for an iPad 2, but I have experienced Apple launches in the North East before...

I expected Eldon Square to be pretty quiet last year for the iPhone 4 launch and I couldn't have been more wrong. The queue's lasted for a good couple of hours, winding around those tensabarrier things they put out.

Just be careful, because I seem to remember the store opening at 8am and even then people had bothered to queue for hours. If it's a 12pm or 5pm launch for iPad 2 I'd imagine longer lines.

All depends on supply and demand of course, but its not nice missing out on a product at launch that you've been waiting for!

2 Owls

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
All the recent limited supply stories are really making it seem like an all day queue job :( I was hoping to get there see no queue, have a mooch about for a couple of hours, then wander back at half four or something :rolleyes: never mind, all day it is then.
I'll stick with the metro.:)

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2009
I'll be queueing there probably wont get an iPad as I have to get there from school :p

ConnorTurnbull

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2010
United Kingdom
If you're going into Eldon Square, what time is everyone getting there? I'm not going to arrive until about 4pm. What do you reckon the lines would be like. Last year [at iPad 1], most people didn't arrive until an hour before (which would be 4pm this time round.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I was one of the first at Eldon square last year, this year I aint buying one. But just to let you guys know.. people have been queing there since 6:30am so if your going at 4pm good luck with that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.