Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MST

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
I'm not a definite yet, but I am toying with the idea of making my way to the store for opening on Friday, anyone else?

vivienne

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
I'm a definite at Kingston Bentall Centre on Friday. Don't know what time to get there because I don't know if they're planning to open an hour early or whether they'll start selling at 5pm like in the US. Also, I don't know what time the Bentall Centre normally opens.

The Apple and Bentall Centre website didn't help.

Have you queued there before?

MST

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
Seeing as Apple have just now announced that it will go on sale from 5pm I think I'll be making my way down there just before lunchtime, fortunately I've got the day off so it's not going to be a problem for me, but I can see a lot of people asking their boss if they can take the afternoon off or finish earlier...I don't want to miss out!

I've never queued at any Apple Store on a launch day before but seem to remember people queuing at the Kingston store before, IIRC they usually have a roped queuing area just outside the store entrance much like every other Apple Store in the land, although there's limited walkway space so I think it normally runs parallel with the glass paneling around the edge of the floor.

Maybe see you there ;)

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Also, I don't know what time the Bentall Centre normally opens.
The Apple and Bentall Centre website didn't help.
How much more help do you need? ;)
link… Friday 25 March 2011 9.30 AM - 6.00 PM

I do know that the Virgin Active is open from 6:30am. But you need to be a member to use the "back door".

vivienne

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
I'm going to sit outside the Apple store with my (awful, soon-to-be-replaced) netbook from 9:30am and get some quiet work done. I'm pretty busy, but I'm lucky that I'm a freelance writer and can work anywhere.

You never know, with no internet connection to distract me, I might reach new heights of productivity (unless the security staff chuck me out for loitering)!

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
I'll be turning up at some point in the afternoon. Also got work to do but will sit on the floor with my laptop.

MST

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
Well after all that it looks as though I may have to sit this one out due to family commitments, however, if I'm done with enough time to spare I'll make my way down to soak up a bit of the atmosphere.

MST

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
Can anyone there give me a heads up on the queue situation?

At the rate I'm going waiting for this "engineer" I don't think there's much point in turning up...

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Prob around 65 in the queue at the moment. They are expecting queues far in excess of the queues for the iPhone 4

There were 55 when I got here just past half eleven to give you an idea of growth rate at present.

MST

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Even if I was able to get there I don't think I'd bother joining the queue now, that coupled with the thought of sitting in Friday rush hour traffic has put me right off, still might have an ace up my sleeve though.

linheli

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011
I'll be turning up at some point in the afternoon. Also got work to do but will sit on the floor with my laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.