Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoePro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
UK
Anyone going to be there for the launch? What sort of time are people going to turn up?

:cool:

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm at high cross now
And about 85th in line arriving at 11:30. At least another 8 behind me now.

Arriving late is a no go I think for getting one today

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
To wrap up...

People were joining the queue at 5pm still, stocks were extremely limited by that point and only a handful of specific models remained.

Overall the queue was well over 200 growing steadily all afternoon.
Staff were great, chatty and friendly and dishing out StarBucks coffee and bottled water all afternoon

Here a quick video of the moment of the curtain drop which i saw thanks to a timely reshuffle of the queue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0-RKR0wF8&hd=1

I was 80th in line and managed to get everything i wanted and was out of the store and on my way home by about 5:45pm

Fairly well organised and would definitely consider going there again for a launch

DJsteveSD

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
Dallas, TX
Lucky

To wrap up...

People were joining the queue at 5pm still, stocks were extremely limited by that point and only a handful of specific models remained.

Overall the queue was well over 200 growing steadily all afternoon.
Staff were great, chatty and friendly and dishing out StarBucks coffee and bottled water all afternoon

Here a quick video of the moment of the curtain drop which i saw thanks to a timely reshuffle of the queue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT0-RKR0wF8&hd=1

I was 80th in line and managed to get everything i wanted and was out of the store and on my way home by about 5:45pm

Fairly well organised and would definitely consider going there again for a launch

the way launch was handled at some stores here in the US was a nightmare! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.