Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
Off topic for sure, apologies, but I don't consider anything I do for my two kids to be "sacrificing". It's "parenting".
The very definition of sacrificing means you're giving something important up for something even more important. If one of your friends invited you out for drinks but your child has a recital the same night, you're sacrificing time with your friends for your child.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I still have an iPad 2 running iOS 7.1.2. Battery is pretty much garbage. When plugged in and being used, it actually uses battery power because its using more power than it is receiving via the wall charger. I would pay the $99 to get it swapped at Apple so I have a new battery/unit, but then it will come with iOS 9 and effectively be worthless. I had a second iPad 2 that I upgraded to iOS 8, then 9 and it pretty much became useless.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I still have an iPad 2 running iOS 7.1.2. Battery is pretty much garbage. When plugged in and being used, it actually uses battery power because its using more power than it is receiving via the wall charger. I would pay the $99 to get it swapped at Apple so I have a new battery/unit, but then it will come with iOS 9 and effectively be worthless. I had a second iPad 2 that I upgraded to iOS 8, then 9 and it pretty much became useless.

My battery is in pretty good shape...about 82% of original capacity at 5.5 yrs old.

I never used anything but the standard USB cable charge...IOW, never used a more powerful charger and avoided deep discharges for the most part.

I think there is some truth in avoiding 'fast charging'...YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.