Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
I don't like the tarred edge as much. The original iPad was a perfect design for the back, but who knows maybe even more of a tapered edge will feel right.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
If they're going to bother putting an 8 MP camera in it, why can't there be a flash?

Regardless, I think a camera on the back of a tablet is ridiculous. I keep recalling a wedding I went to about a year ago. Some guy had some tablet with him trying to take pictures during the ceremony. It was almost comical.

FrHa

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
I'm sorry, but can they still not get rid of that huge hideous 3G bar at the top of the iPad?

philbeeney

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Vankleek Hill
Don't see how they can do a quad-core, retina display, bigger battery and an 8MP camera and still keep the price points the same. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm a little worried about the price point as well. It is the only thing that might stop me from buying one if the price is too high. But Apple hasn't really ever raised the price for its iOS devices.

Seems like Apple is going all out on this iPad.
Retina display,
8mp camera
Quad core
and LTE?
Either the price will increase or I don't think we'll see ALL these upgrades in 1 generation.
Time will tell though :)

Apple could take a slight cut in its profit margin to retain the current retail price. :eek:

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
If they're going to bother putting an 8 MP camera in it, why can't there be a flash?

Regardless, I think a camera on the back of a tablet is ridiculous. I keep recalling a wedding I went to about a year ago. Some guy had some tablet with him trying to take pictures during the ceremony. It was almost comical.

On a tablet, I think the front camera should be more important
Face Time

SellYourMacBook

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2012
Am I the only one that thinks this is a blatant photoshop job?
Compare the radius on the left to that of the right, not to mention the light refractions

I call bullish*t and the iPad 3 to look almost exactly the same as its predecessor

the iPad 3 is the iPad 2S, whatever it'll be called

it won't be iPad 2S unless it does have the quad-core processor. It could just be iPad 3 with retina display and upgraded camera, no speed bump yet.

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Well, maybe apple took both the rear camera from iPhone 4S and FaceTime HD from iMacs, and put them onto the iPad?
Only if someone found some iPad components lying around Foxconn area.....

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Unless Apple is coming out with a square iPad, it's photoshopped.

maybe it's real and also photoshopped?

They published it in their print version too.

arn

Attachments

• 59535374.jpg
    59535374.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 277

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Longer taper to give the illusion that iPad 3 is not thicker than iPad 2. I bet they will mention nothing about the thickness of the iPad 3 on their event (rumors say 1 mm thicker than iPad 2).

SlugBlanket

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
Can't wait to see idiots using their iPad as a camera everywhere. 8 MP? Jesus. I doubt it but who knows.

I can think of many instances where one might have an iPad but not a dedicated camera to hand. People used to think you were an idiot for taking pictures with a phone not too long ago. Those people that thought like that have since been found to be idiots :)

I have to agree that 8 megapixels seems to be huge jump up from current specs but you never can tell.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I have to agree that 8 megapixels seems to be huge jump up from current specs but you never can tell.

does seem like a big jump, but if you assume the iPad 3 does have a Retina Display, a camera upgrade seems like it has to follow. Otherwise you are shooting 720p on 2048x1536 Retina display.

arn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Apple really messed up on the cameras for the iPad 2. I'm not hell bent on a beefed up rear camera, but the front facing camera needs a real boost to keep up with the rumored dpi increase. Id be over the moon for a 3MP front facing camera (new aperture) and a 5MP rear.

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
a very pessimistic first post; isn't it ... but you could be right with that guess. We will know is three weeks

I would say it's realistic. Apple needs to give people a reason to upgrade every year. This means they will always hold back on something, like the CPU, screen, camera, etc.

Typically, you have to wait for the 3rd generation of an Apple product in order to get what should have been there in the first place.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Still, that Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 looks pretty freakin' sweet.

What else does this thing have ?

The screen alone is not a deal closer

- A vibrant app ecosystem
- Silky smooth operation
- Accessories
- Cases

All the stuff that makes an iPad great... now better™

dethmaShine

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2010
Into the lungs of Hell
Please please don't forget the camera on the bottom of the mac mini and the camera on the top of the iMac. Every one needs a camera on the top of their iMac. That way you can see when a meteor plunges through the roof as super sonic speeds.

How could I even forget about that.

Noted.

----------

does seem like a big jump, but if you assume the iPad 3 does have a Retina Display, a camera upgrade seems like it has to follow. Otherwise you are shooting 720p on 2048x1536 Retina display.

arn

OR

iPad Retina in September with iPhone 5 with a higher price-point ($150 more) with a bigger camera sensor and 8MP camera.

jackrv

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Apple could take a slight cut in its profit margin to retain the current retail price. :eek:

Agreed. Apple could sell this thing for the same price as the previous generations because it will keep customers from jumping ship to a competitor with a tablet with lower specs at the same price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.