Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brynf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2014
Hi!

Has anyone else noticed a continuous rhythmic popping noise (kind of like a vinyl record skipping) coming through the headphone socket of their iPad air 1?

I recently got this iPad as Apple swapped it out for my old one which was also faulty (that famous Apple quality, huh?). And after about a month this started happening. Sometimes closing itunes and restarting it solves the issue, but usually I have to restart the iPad, and then it is 50/50 whether the same thing will happen after reboot. Oh, and updating ios did nothing.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'll have to swap it again but maybe someone on here has had similar problems. Any ideas?

Thanks

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hi!

Has anyone else noticed a continuous rhythmic popping noise (kind of like a vinyl record skipping) coming through the headphone socket of their iPad air 1?

Does this occur on any headphones/speakers plugged into the jack? Does this happen on both battery and when plugged into the power adapter?

DrSlump76

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2015
Italy
Hi!

I recently got this iPad as Apple swapped it out for my old one which was also faulty (that famous Apple quality, huh?). And after about a month this started happening. Sometimes closing itunes and restarting it solves the issue, but usually I have to restart the iPad, and then it is 50/50 whether the same thing will happen after reboot. Oh, and updating ios did nothing.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'll have to swap it again but maybe someone on here has had similar problems. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, i get this problem with my ipad mini 2 and a pair of samsung note 3 hearphones with volume control (the white ones).
This problem does not occour with the same pair of headphones from a samsung galaxy s5 (volume control does not work but the continuous popping noise is not present).
The problem does not occour with a galaxy s2 hearphones (without volume control).
The problem does not occour with original apple earpods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.