Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I am quite impatient and cannot decide if I get the iPad Air 2 now or just wait for the iPad Pro? Any suggestions for a guy who checks email, surfs the web, does the occasional MS Office document, etc? Thanks all.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
its all down to personal preference.

if all you do is the above then the Air will be fine. The ipp is basically a faster huge regular ipad. if you can afford more and want a bigger experience then go pro

case2001

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
I have the Air 2. I love the iPad Air Pro. But I think it's too big for me. It is going to be almost as large as my MacBook Air 13. I would wait to see if it's too large for you. I will need to see it in person to make that decision.

devinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Agree with everyone, probably should wait to see the iPad Pro in person. Not a fan of MS requiring a 365 subscription for use of Office on the Pro though. I am also thinking by the time you spend $$ on iPad Pro, keyboard/case and the Pencil, I might as well get the latest MB. Such a dilemma.

Mivo

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2015
Germany
I'd make it dependent on the form factor. Wait for the Pro, see if the size works for you. I had tried some 13" tablets in the past, and they all struck me as impractically large, even though I thought they'd work for me. But this is very subjective, really.

For the Air 2, you'd want a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard, which is around a hundred bucks, but far superior to anything else I tried.

I feel it is also worth considering that the Pro will be a first gen device.

Reactions: devinh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.