Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
To the people saying that the Surface 3 is well-priced: don't forget that the keyboard type cover and stylus are extras.

The Surface 3 is extremely well priced in it's basic form. The keyboard is an option and last time I checked all of my iPad's did not include a keyboard. I have no need for a keyboard for any tablet. I've owned a Windows 8.1 tablet and it's 100% functional without a keyboard.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I don't know. With apps like Office for iPad, Google apps, Dropbox, and Wolfram Alpha, my iPad is more productive than ever before. Other than heavy work apps like AutoCAD and games, my iPad can pretty much do most of the basic things my rMBP does. File management and multitasking is definitely something the iPad lacks, but unless that Windows Tablet is running full Windows 8.1 I can't see how much more productive it can be with the rather lacking selection of apps

----------

iPad Air 2 is definitely the next iPad 2. I can't think of a more future proof device at the moment in the iOS realm, which is why I went all in and upgraded from the horrible mess that is the iPad 3.

Its a Full windows 8.1 tablet. Even if it was ARM based, Office + IE + multitasking can achieve much more than an iPad for many things.

Sure the iPad has some good apps, but without proper file management or multitasking it hasn't changed much since 2011/2012.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Surface 3 is running a full OS. Good luck with that 4gb of ram.

My Lenovo Helix2 runs Battlefield 4 on top of Windows 8.1 fine @30 fps 720p with 4GB.

When I upgrade the iPad it'll probably be the Surface 3 or Surface Pro 4 because the build quality exceeds Apple, the versatility of a full OS, touch and pen inputs and the largest software/game selection.

----------

To the people saying that the Surface 3 is well-priced: don't forget that the keyboard type cover and stylus are extras.

Costco here in the US is offering the Surface 3 bundle with keyboard and pen for $699 which is the same price as iPad Air 2 without accessories. Easy decision.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
I do not; have had my Air 2 128gb cellular since November and have not had that issue.

I have this same configuration without any issues as well. This iPad is actually quite amazing! Fast, easy to use, and serves me quite well as a replacement for an old laptop. I mostly use it for writing and have an external keyboard for lengthy items.
Overall, I'm very happy with my Air 2, but of course will see what the Air 3 and the Pro (assuming either one is a real product at some point!) has to offer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.