Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MLAM

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
United Kingdom

gavinfabl

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
Dartmoor, UK
What is the point of being there so early. Great that you made it first in line but Apple have already said there is tons of stock that will last right through the weekend solidly.

Have fun anyway...

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Because it's good fun. More people are here now as well, so talking to them.

No, the mall doors aren't open yet, Apple staff will be out at 6am handing out tickets.

davetheduck

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
Hello, has anyone who shopped here got any idea of whether I'll be able to get one after work? (6/7pm)

Leon88

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hello, has anyone who shopped here got any idea of whether I'll be able to get one after work? (6/7pm)

What model are you after? When the doors opened at 8am, the Apple staff said that there would be "more than enough" for everyone in line. There were probably about 50 or so people by the time I left the store at 8:30am.

davetheduck

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
What model are you after? When the doors opened at 8am, the Apple staff said that there would be "more than enough" for everyone in line. There were probably about 50 or so people by the time I left the store at 8:30am.

thanks for replying.

I'm after the 64gb, grey, Wi-Fi only model.

JimmyTW87

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
Yeah was a nice morning, well happy with the experience. The leather smart cases look and feel ace.

Leon88

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
No doubt the Smart Case looks and feels premium, but this time around i'm going to avoid putting on a case just because the lightness of the Air its one of its main features. Still having a hard time finding back protectors though, looks like Zagg is the only one who has a back protective film for it.

JimmyTW87

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
It adds some bulk, and indoors I think I will use it naked, just stick her in a case for travels, uni, outdoors etc... They are much better than the 5S cases I must say but then again they are £65 so they should be

F-Stop

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
The 'Sunny' South Coast UK
This was my first Apple launch event and even though I had been at work all night (finished at 6am got to the store about 6:45am) I must admit it was quite fun ;)

The countdown and clapping and whooping by the staff as they prepared to meet us all and finally hand over those iPad Airs gave it a nice sense of occasion :D

The drinks and cookies they wheeled round on a trolley were welcome too.

Got myself a 64Gb WiFi in Slate Grey and added a Product Red Smart Cover and AppleCare+ too :eek:

Being 'playing' all day and have yet to get any sleep...looks like I might sleep well tonight lol

Cheers :apple:

Andy :D

davetheduck

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
No worries. Good luck! :)

I managed to get the model I was after :) I also had a genius appointment for them to look at my iPhone 5 faulty speaker and they replaced the whole phone :) - good day!

This message bought to you from my first iPad !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.