Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vulpinemac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2007
It's a frigging iPad. All the specs are readily available. How much brilliance & training does one need to sell an iPad? Seriously, the snobbery around here when it comes to your precious Apple products being sold in big box stores is ridiculous.

Nice to see you can recognize facetiousness and sarcasm when it's presented. Especially when it's an anti-Apple zealot that's offering it.

happydude

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
boo target

after they gave corporate profits (i.e. my and your money) into the political system, i'm off target. when the ipad comes out with a camera, i'll be buying mine from somewhere else.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Why do people have to bring politics into this.

This is a rumor website were we talk about gadgets and gadget news, lets keep it that way please.

gloryunfading

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
I also work for Target in the electronics department. the electronic reset is due oct. 3, but My store has already recieved all of the updates previously mentioned and there were no Iphone, or any other apple products introduced. however, my store is still selling the old ipods with a "revision" due sometime in oct.

As for the 3rd, it is a very possible date. in targets system, all things new are released on sundays ie. department revisions and new products. Depending on when we receive displays and other promotional material, it could be the day that an item is released, or up to 2 weeks before we can get the new products out.

As for some stores recieving signing for the ipad, my store recieved signing for the iphone 4 a couple months before its release date. and some stuff to set up a small endcap. however the endcap that was in question was owned by verizon....which led to some excitement for us because we had assumed that verizon would have an iphone. The date came and went and nothing happened. the date for the signing was july and expired the next month. we still have the display stuff, but target never recieved anything else.

I also have a guy checking on the pda picture to see if that item actually comes up on our pdas...but, it will only check our region, so if our system is not as updated as the one in the picture...it will show nothing.

oldwatery

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Maui
Why do people have to bring politics into this.

This is a rumor website were we talk about gadgets and gadget news, lets keep it that way please.

You can stick your head in the sand...but don't expect others to.
And actually if you look there is more to this site than just gadgets.
And this thread is about Target not a gadget.......

RobbJ

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2010
I also work at Target in the Electronics dept.

I checked our new release list and found six items saying "Title Coming Soon..."

I know it doesn't help much but the DPCI's (item numbers) were:

057-10-1730
057-10-1731
057-10-1732
057-10-1733
057-10-1734
057-10-1735
With the higher end DPCI's being priced around $800-$900

The 3rd gen iPods had DPCI's starting at 1700 and ending at 1729 (I think).

Dunno if any of that info will help anyone but I figured I'd chime in.

cfitz7111

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
I also work at Target in the Electronics dept.

I checked our new release list and found six items saying "Title Coming Soon..."

I know it doesn't help much but the DPCI's (item numbers) were:

057-10-1730
057-10-1731
057-10-1732
057-10-1733
057-10-1734
057-10-1735
With the higher end DPCI's being priced around $800-$900

The 3rd gen iPods had DPCI's starting at 1700 and ending at 1729 (I think).

Dunno if any of that info will help anyone but I figured I'd chime in.

I work in the logistics area at Target, and looked into tonight.

There are six item numbers (DPCI's) with the prices of
$499.99
$599.99
$699.99
$629.99
$729.99
$829.99

The item is labeled as XXXXX XXXX (exactly enough X's for Apple iPad).

I spoke with my ETL (Assistant Store Manager), he said that he hasnt heard anything yet, and could be going only to high volume stores and/or online.

happydude

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
You can stick your head in the sand...but don't expect others to.
And actually if you look there is more to this site than just gadgets.
And this thread is about Target not a gadget.......

exactly. there's plenty of people saying, "great, i love target, so i'm going to get one." i'm just providing reason i am not going to target to buy one. as you said, the post is about target, not the ipad specifically. commentary on target should be allowed and not flamed.

in response to another poster, yes, they gave to right wing candidates. i'm boycotting target for the simple reason that they are in the political process. i don't believe any corporation should be allowed to buy electoral results. when target can throw in $150K of profits no matter who the candidate - they are using our money to influence public policy that affects our lives without our permission to do so.

and the public has spoken. target's stock is down, people are still boycotting, they're having trouble opening stores in downtown san francisco.

the public does not want corporations involved in buying elections. this was never how our democracy was intended. target it just highlighting that for us.

btw, so was best buy, another MN headquartered corporation who gave to the same group target did.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
exactly. there's plenty of people saying, "great, i love target, so i'm going to get one." i'm just providing reason i am not going to target to buy one. as you said, the post is about target, not the ipad specifically. commentary on target should be allowed and not flamed.

in response to another poster, yes, they gave to right wing candidates. i'm boycotting target for the simple reason that they are in the political process. i don't believe any corporation should be allowed to buy electoral results. when target can throw in $150K of profits no matter who the candidate - they are using our money to influence public policy that affects our lives without our permission to do so.

and the public has spoken. target's stock is down, people are still boycotting, they're having trouble opening stores in downtown san francisco.

the public does not want corporations involved in buying elections. this was never how our democracy was intended. target it just highlighting that for us.

btw, so was best buy, another MN headquartered corporation who gave to the same group target did.

I agree on all points.

...I don't need to shop at Target THAT badly. I can buy elsewhere and will do so unless/until they change their position.

...and as far as Best Buy is concerned, I am a Premier Silver Reward Zone member and will not shop there either.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I agree on all points.

...I don't need to shop at Target THAT badly. I can buy elsewhere and will do so unless/until they change their position.

...and as far as Best Buy is concerned, I am a Premier Silver Reward Zone member and will not shop there either.

I refuse to shop at Target or BestBuy, and actually I try not to shop at big corporate institutions (with the exception of Apple but I support their commitment to environmental and political human rights causes). Of course this matters, there is more to MacRumors than simple Mac topics. In fact, there is a front page article on FoxConn and the recent political association with Apple regarding the treatment of their employees.

I find this amusing as a few members have political oriented avatars (one of which was a racial slam against Obama) and signatures, yet no one comments on their profile.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
But all corporations donate... And you are sure to disagree with them all at some point right?

I thought this piece was timely given this thread....

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/09/hey-capitol-hill---whose-your-daddy-att.ars

ATT apparently leads the spending pack. Of course, if the spending leans your way, i'm guessing it is ok.....

I don't think they should be able to donate or buy votes and i hate most of the crap in today's politics.

Although the political aspect of this thread shouldn't be in this forum, it probably should be in the political one.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.