Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thunderbird 1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Poole, UK
Every 10 seconds or so my iPad tells me to sign into iCloud. It says enter the Apple ID password and then gives my son's email address. The iPad is currently all but useless as this box just keeps popping up. I don't use iCloud, in fact I've never used iCloud and I don't want to. The only thing I can think of is turning iCloud drive off in settings. Makes no difference.

Any help, suggestions or fixes gratefully received as always.

Phil

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
So you've tried turning iCloud Drive off. I'd try signing out of iCloud by going to setting, iCloud, scroll down and tap 'sign out'. Then sign back in again. My iMac on the El Capitan GM had a similar issue and I fixed it by signing out and back in to iCloud.

Thunderbird 1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Poole, UK
Every 10 seconds or so my iPad tells me to sign into iCloud. It says enter the Apple ID password and then gives my son's email address. The iPad is currently all but useless as this box just keeps popping up. I don't use iCloud, in fact I've never used iCloud and I don't want to. The only thing I can think of is turning iCloud drive off in settings. Makes no difference.

Any help, suggestions or fixes gratefully received as always.

Phil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.