Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm getting the White 16GB Wifi only.:)

What cases are y'all getting?

I am getting a white 16 GB iPad Mini for my girlfriend and ordering a 0.2 m lightning to 30 pin adapter with it. Since it is a Christmas present, I doubt the accessory will delay it that long, its got almost two months to arrive. Also getting a 32 or 64 GB Black iPad 4th Gen to replace my iPad 2.

As far as which case, if the Mini was for me, I would get the BookBook from twelve south, which I am getting for my full size iPad

Last edited:

guyjol

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Since the product is being shipped from china do we have to pay custom fees because we're importing it ?

timbits

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
I don't think the black will scratch easily, I had the black and slate iPhone 5, it doesn't scratch easily.

----------

I'm wondering if these will go on sale at Midnight EST or 2 AM EST like the iPhone 5?

No way, 3AM eastern, 12am pacific.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I am no the fence. I am a sucker for smaller things... but the trend in phones has been to go bigger. Now the Trend iPads is to go smaller. The madness never seems to boggle my mind. I already have an iPad 2 so is it worth getting a smaller version of what I already have that has Siri.

I guess I will make up my mind tonight.

timbits

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
12:01 pacific

Source: http://www.cultofmac.com/198068/which-ipad-mini-to-buy-buying-guide/

----------

Does anyone know if the iPad will arrive next Friday?

----------

Limit is still at 2 right?

gooberwilson

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2012
Canada
Education Pricing?

Anyone know if the mini will be eligible for an education pricing discount? I doubt it but just thought I'd ask...

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Question, how do people get by with just a 16gb HD? With apps, music and movies... I don;t feel i have a big collection of the 3, but 64 GB still doesn't seem to be enough for me.

Same reason I'm only getting Wi-Fi. I don't travel a lot.

Music goes on the iPhone.

Streaming doesn't take up space. Pandora, Netflix, Hulu, and Crackle have much bigger libraries than I need to personally own.

These solutions may not be ideal for you, but they suit me just fine.

insoc

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Damn, I'll have to be awake at 1:00 a.m. to get the PST at 12:00 a.m.

Based on your experiences, if I were not to wait and place the pre-order tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. all iPad Minis will be gone?

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
So only the Wifi version is available for order tonight? I thought both models were available to order, but that the cellular version would just come a few weeks later..

insoc

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Two quick questions:

1) When pre-ordering (that is, tomorrow at 00:01 PST) does the Apple Store freezes out or gets down due to the great amount of people using it or not?

2) If don't make it to the pre-order, that will mean a wait of months to get an iPad or that will mean that I can go online on november 2 and order the iPad mini?

Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.