Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Mine appears to be airborne at last!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

ctcampbell

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
On a separate note, do any of you use insurance?

As ill be taking this out of the house a lot more, it would be good if I had a bit of protection. Looked at protectyourbubble which was 6 quid a month including loss, seems a bit much though.

My house insurance covers it. Accidental damage and personal possessions cover should do the trick.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Result!

It's like the town was dry, then a couple of bales appear and everyone is selling!

Watch it dry up tomorrow!

I imagine the 16gb LTE's will be like hens teeth, others not so much.

When I exchanged my dinged one I had a look at the replacement in store, the guy really didn't mind. Not switched it on yet, hope the screen doesn't bleed like a Saw movie :eek:

millie1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
In stock at Bluewater - they had black in both 32 and 64gb

My launch morning pre-order still "preparing for shipping"

U8ER-N3RD

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Suffolk, UK
STILL preparing for shipping... :( I think I shall give them until the Sunday as I'll be by my local Apple store and see if they have one then. If so the pre-order can wait!

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Ha, predictably, just as I've bought a mini in store my preorder has stirred into life, expected delivery December 7th. Ridiculous situation frankly.

Restoring my iPad 3 backup to my mini now, nearly done. Exciting! So glad I had a local backup of AVplayerHD before it got pulled, still plays AC3 audio. Won't be doing any iOS updates till I have confirmation that it continues to work.

Bit stingy only getting a 5W charger with it. Luckily I've already got two 10W chargers.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Off Topic.
What week your ipad mini cellular made. Mines saying December week 48

Please remind me which number to check, ta.

Whatever it is, it's a good week given there is zero bleed, which is nice. Did the old black gif, full brightness and pitch black room. Zero bleed to my eyes :)

misterspeakeasy

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
United Kingdom
IPad mini LTE has shipped

Just for information

iPad mini LTE 32Gb Black

Ordered 30 October

Has been showing

Processing: Dispatched 1 - 2 weeks Delivery 30 November to 7 December

Order status shifted yesterday to

Preparing for Shipment: Dispatched 1 - 2 weeks Delivery 30 November to 7 December

Order status shifted at 12.15 today (30 November) to

Shipped. (Delivery on or before 7 December).

If anyone can guide me as to whether to expect a 7 December delivery (TNT) or not... Whether it is likely to appear before - and if so, possibly when?

Any help/info would be appreciated!

If not, no worry!

Merry Christmas to all my readers!

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
Please remind me which number to check, ta.

Whatever it is, it's a good week given there is zero bleed, which is nice. Did the old black gif, full brightness and pitch black room. Zero bleed to my eyes :)

Just log into your Apple Online orders.
Click on print invoices to view your serial number.
Next Copy and paste your serial number into Website below.

http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

You will then find out your week built product.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Thanks for guidance how to do it.

Mine is Week 47, a good vintage it seems.

Edit: just noticed a dead pixel, only spotted it under test conditions, not fussed in the slightest. I returned an iPad 2 years ago that a really bad 1 or 2 dead near the status bar, THAT bugged me. This one is in the lower left quarter in portrait.

Last edited:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Is that the damaged one, or the replacement? Lol!

Haha, yeah it's the new one. I've got two receipts, I used the one pertaining to the replacement.

Man, I can really bash out text quick on the mini in portrait, much faster than on the full size one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.