Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
I know it's not a perfect solution but what about using a MIFI or phone with tethering? then you can get a WIFI only version which seems to be easier to get hold of.

Thanks - I had thought of that but as my father is 79 and struggles with the concept of wifi, its probably not a solution! :)

oli.watts

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
UK
Just spoken to Apple.

They are coming from China, and should ship in the next few days. Its likely they'll be coming closer to the 7th December date. In my case it won't be here on Friday, but your milage may vary :)

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Just spoken to Apple.

They are coming from China, and should ship in the next few days. Its likely they'll be coming closer to the 7th December date. In my case it won't be here on Friday, but your milage may vary :)

Good info. Based on the lack of commitments on dates from Apple for so long, it's clear there are some challenges in delivering these, so I too am not expecting Apple to suddenly meet their earliest estimated shipping date. I'm just hoping it arrives sometime next week.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
No movement on my 0801 order. Kinda suits me really, nobody in to receive it Friday anyway. Ideally would like it Saturday, but just for shiny shiny purposes. Buying it for use at work, and I'm only in 8 days during December (woo!) so it's not like I'm desperate for it. Plus, it feels sooooo long since I ordered it rarely crosses my mind.

Slightly off topic, but I travel by train a lot. I see tonnes of iPads, nearly all 3G versions. Not seen a single mini on the train yet, I wonder if they're all waiting for cellular models! Wouldn't surprise me if Apple will sell proportionally more cellular mini's than it's full size counterpart, this thing just begs to be taken out of the house/office.

millie1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
My delivery estimates just got moved BACK - not very impressed

Previously was 26 Nov to 3rd Dec - now:

Processing Items Dispatched: 1 - 2 Weeks Delivers 05 Dec, 2012 - 12 Dec, 2012

millie1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
yeah I got the same!

Just deleted the smart cover (will get next day delivery via amazon!) and it takes it back to 30 Nov - 7 Dec - but i'm thinking thats a bit of a pointless exercise - it will come when it comes :(

willwilson28

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
On its way!

My iPad mini white 32Gb has moved to preparing for shipment! WOOP! Delivery dates still show the estimate of 26 Nov, 2012 - 03 Dec, 2012

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
Any you guys still stuck on Preparing for Shipment.
Mines been like this since this morning.:eek:

zed2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
Bucks
Any you guys still stuck on Preparing for Shipment.
Mines been like this since this morning.:eek:

No mines still at the processing! :eek:

I ordered on the day first thing... I do not understand why some are shipped and others are not.. In fact mine has now slipped in delivery days..

I'll be on the phone to apple in the morning.

millie1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
No mines still at the processing! :eek:

I ordered on the day first thing... I do not understand why some are shipped and others are not.. In fact mine has now slipped in delivery days..

I'll be on the phone to apple in the morning.

I tried that this evening and got nowhere!! Appreciate it sounds a bit spoilt, but I want it like yesterday!

motin

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
dear all gd news

mine just got changed to :

Preparing for Shipment Dispatched: 1 - 2 Weeks Delivers 30 Nov, 2012 - 07 Dec, 2012

well this is gd news for today

gd morning - gd news = no news this mrng status did not change means they did not ship last day now we need to hope for news tonight with wifi when status was changed then next mrng there was a tracking number

thanks

Alshujibi

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2012
New Castle, DE
It seems like that apple preparing a shipment for hundreds of thousands of minis at once.

For example: all the 16gb first. Then all the 16gb with smart cover. Next all 32gb … and so on.

motin

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Still preparing for shipment... how long does it take to throw in a box and write a label on it!

morning dear looks lilke they made this status change so all of us callers will stop call and give them some time my guess is items would this weekend

thanks

WynterB

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Finally something happening on my iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular 64GB - Black & Slate

Preparing for shipment

Relief

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
My 32gb white just shipped. TNT intl express, expected delivery 6 dec.

A 64gb ordered same day just went to 'preparing for shipment'.

motin

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Shipped on 29-Nov-2012

mine just got updated

Shipped on 29-Nov-2012

looks like they are using tnt standard delviery

looks like
Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change) Dec 06, 2012

Attachments

• ScreenShot432.bmp
    428.7 KB · Views: 104
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.