Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
It's gone. The thieves got it now. :)

At least you can blame a thief ... Most of us (not recieved yet) just blame Apple.

I get a whole new speculative creative answer everytime I call Apple. Yesterday they told me its 'possible' that my ipad is is still in "preparing to ship" status (despite me ordering 3 minutes into launch ) because a CS rep changed my shipping to expedited and then to Next Day. She then suggested to switch it back it Standard so that I get it sooner.

I would love nothing more to believe that backward logic but I know that Apple reps are blind to what goes on outside of the sale.

I don't care at this point, I find it kind if humorous . I'm just going to YouTube the hell out of this horrible customer experience. And the grand finale to my video will be when I finally receive my ipad in the middle of DEC.

----------

They offered me free stuff. I respectfully declined and told her this isn't about $ or toys, this is about me ordering 3 minutes into launch and this ipad stuck in hyperspace, a pace where no one seems to be able to know anything about, while every other person in the ipad planet getting theirs

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
At least you can blame a thief ... Most of us (not recieved yet) just blame Apple.

I get a whole new speculative creative answer everytime I call Apple. Yesterday they told me its 'possible' that my ipad is is still in "preparing to ship" status (despite me ordering 3 minutes into launch ) because a CS rep changed my shipping to expedited and then to Next Day. She then suggested to switch it back it Standard so that I get it sooner.

I would love nothing more to believe that backward logic but I know that Apple reps are blind to what goes on outside of the sale.

I don't care at this point, I find it kind if humorous . I'm just going to YouTube the hell out of this horrible customer experience. And the grand finale to my video will be when I finally receive my ipad in the middle of DEC.

----------

They offered me free stuff. I respectfully declined and told her this isn't about $ or toys, this is about me ordering 3 minutes into launch and this ipad stuck in hyperspace, a pace where no one seems to be able to know anything about, while every other person in the ipad planet getting theirs

I'm with you there. I ordered about the same time, did the same thing as you - got them to change my shipping to next day, and they even charged me $12. I intend to ask for a refund, but at this point im afraid to change anything until I see ti actually ship!

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
Just called Apple one more time for fun to inquire why my status got pushed back from the 16th delivery to the 20th...the reason is "supply shortage". She talked to the supervisor and that is what they told her. You don't run short of something ordered weeks ago with a set delivery date. That is exactly "why" that we pre-order. Supply shortage all of a sudden = the Apple mini heist

Glad I took the day off work tomorrow to get it.

EricE

If it is in your profile, it has a serial number and can't be part of any shortage.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm just going to YouTube the hell out of this horrible customer experience. And the grand finale to my video will be when I finally receive my ipad in the middle of DEC.

AMEN BRUTHA. Most everybody I know considers me a total Apple freak, says I'm the reason for their stock hitting 600, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not that freak any more. I've done nothing but bash Apple all week long and I'm getting funny reactions from people. They act like I just woke up and came out of a cult or something. Dogs and Cats living together....

But this is IT, I'm done saying good things about Apple. I will certainly continue to buy their products because I want the best stuff (which they have, for now). But I am waaayyy done with being a fanboy. Apple (aka IBM) has finally lost it, and this is just the start. Bungled, Bungled, Bungled.

5 Days later....."PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT"

in2tech

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
If I am not mistaken FedEx flight 90 and 98 landed tonight at the Memphis Hub November 15, 2012 cst, at about 10:30 PM. If I am looking at this correctly there should be some more deliveries tomorrow. Will somebody double check this for me. Found this information on http://www.flightaware.com.

Thanks.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
uhm.....???????? the charge for my ipad minis has now fallen back off from the pending charges area??????????????

WTF is going on????????????????????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
uhm.....???????? the charge for my ipad minis has now fallen back off from the pending charges area??????????????

WTF is going on????????????????????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ha ha ha ... ditto here ... I guess we're going backwards now ... next my order will change from preparing to ship to processing order, then to We've received your order.

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
Something really strange going on with the AT&T models. Mine was ordered as soon as the system went live. It was produced the last week of September, charged to my CC, posted to my profile, sent to the FedEx facility in Shanghai two days ago and hasn't shown any activity since then.

If it was freighted by some other carrier to JFK or some other stateside location it should already be scanned back in the FedEx system.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Ha ha ha ... ditto here ... I guess we're going backwards now ... next my order will change from preparing to ship to processing order, then to We've received your order.

Mine still says preparing to ship, there's still a pending charge on my credit card, and nothing entered on my support profile. I called today and they just said that it will arrive by the quoted delivery date of Nov 20th. In all the years of preordering an apple item, I've never experienced anything like this.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
AMEN BRUTHA. Most everybody I know considers me a total Apple freak, says I'm the reason for their stock hitting 600, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not that freak any more. I've done nothing but bash Apple all week long and I'm getting funny reactions from people. They act like I just woke up and came out of a cult or something. Dogs and Cats living together....

But this is IT, I'm done saying good things about Apple. I will certainly continue to buy their products because I want the best stuff (which they have, for now). But I am waaayyy done with being a fanboy. Apple (aka IBM) has finally lost it, and this is just the start. Bungled, Bungled, Bungled.

5 Days later....."PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT"

When is your delivery date? I find it funny that people with delivery dates of Nov 19-21 are complaining about not receiving it on the 15th or 16th.

I am sure some people have legitimate gripes about delays, etc., but whiners and complainers are acting like 2 year olds. So, let's barage Apple with calls trying to expedite our delivery dates. I wouldn't be surprised if these delays aren't getting exasperated by customer service trying to appease the complainers and moving delivery dates.

Do I want my Mini now? Sure I do, but I can wait until my delivery date of Nov. 20th.

bajaracing

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
OMG, tracking this AM showed still in China. I work 2.5hrs from home (Los Angeles). Decided to go home (San Diego), and I'd have it next week when I get back to work.

For the heck of it I got home & checked tracking again, shows it was "delivered" this afternoon. No one at work told me at work! Dam!

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
"Sprint just announced that it would begin selling the iPad Mini in some of its physical stores starting later today. That likely indicates that other carriers and Apple Stores will begin stocking their shelves with the LTE iPad Mini. We’d earlier heard that Apple Stores had received shipments of the 4G iPad Mini and AT&T would also begin stocking shelves today. We also know that Best Buys have been receiving stock and will likely begin selling today as well."

- looks like today (16th) is the day. I need AT&T however. And would rather buy from the apple store. Going to wake up early and go snag one. Looks like it's "official"

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
Just got an email saying my 32GB AT&T mini shipped. I hope it gets here ASAP. The delivery date is the 21st.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Just got an email saying my 32GB AT&T mini shipped. I hope it gets here ASAP. The delivery date is the 21st.

I just got my shipment email as well for my 64gb white ATT but mine shows a delivery date of the 27th via ups!!!!!!!! Last time i checked the 27th is not quite mid-november. Unbelievable.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
I just got my shipment email as well for my 64gb white ATT but mine shows a delivery date of the 27th via ups!!!!!!!! Last time i checked the 27th is not quite mid-november. Unbelievable.

That is unbelievable...12 days after the Verizon folks are opening theirs...just what I figured....after the holiday weekend. Scary stuff for this company.

EricE

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
For those of you who are really upset about not getting yours the 16th, are you certain that *your specific* model is going to be in stores? There are lotsa versions of this thing (too early for me to count how many) - it is possible that certain versions are harder to get than others...

As for those of us stuck in Shanghai, I'm finally showing movement: It received an Int'l Shipping Release at 6:20pm on 11/16 (Shanghai time) and now shows in transit. Not holding out hope for today, but I think Monday is almost assuredly the latest we'll see them.

lindafus

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2010
Finally mine went to shipped only...

Mine was in processing forever. It finally went to shipped cc charge and as excited as I was for that I looked at my account and now the Delivery date has changed from Nov 21 to Nov 23! That is black Friday! I am not happy about having to wait yet another entire week for this delivery! This is by far the worst pre-order purchase I have every made from Apple and I have made a bunch. Well, no black Friday shopping for me! :mad:

Congrats to those who are getting theirs today!

iPad Mini 32GB ATT LTE White

Ching1105

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
just got an update from fedex, still in Shanghai and maybe it will take the flight later today (not forgot to scan)...:mad: We wouldnt get ours mini until next Monday!!:(

Date/Time Activity Location
- 11/16/2012 - Friday
6:20 pm
In transit
SHANGHAI CN
6:11 pm
International shipment release - Import
SHANGHAI CN

- 11/15/2012 - Thursday
10:00 pm
At local FedEx facility
SHANGHAI CN

- 11/14/2012 - Wednesday
5:16 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.