Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eaprice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2016
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL and I want to modify my dashboard to take out the stereo system and replace it with an iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4, that can control the stereo system and everything. I found some images on Google where people had done this with the same vehicle, but I was never able to figure out how.

Are there any places in Southern Ontario, Canada that do installations like this? I am from Toronto myself, but am willing to drive anywhere in Southern Ontario and possibly even Quebec! I found a website where you can order a do-it-yourself kit but that definitely is not for me, I would ruin my car almost certainly. So I'm hoping to pay someone to do it for me.

Do you think GeekSquad does anything like that? I know they install stereo systems... kind of the same thing, but you know, different type of stereo.

Thanks guys!

jmaluso

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL and I want to modify my dashboard to take out the stereo system and replace it with an iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4, that can control the stereo system and everything. I found some images on Google where people had done this with the same vehicle, but I was never able to figure out how.

Are there any places in Southern Ontario, Canada that do installations like this? I am from Toronto myself, but am willing to drive anywhere in Southern Ontario and possibly even Quebec! I found a website where you can order a do-it-yourself kit but that definitely is not for me, I would ruin my car almost certainly. So I'm hoping to pay someone to do it for me.

Do you think GeekSquad does anything like that? I know they install stereo systems... kind of the same thing, but you know, different type of stereo.

Thanks guys!

You will have to find a local custom car audio installer. I'm guessing that Best Buy won't do extensive custom work like that.

On the other hand, taking things apart and figuring them out yourself is always a gratifying experience. I am no car audio wiz but I just installed a Pioneer CarPlay radio in my 2005 Foester a few months back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.