Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I have the Apple Keyboard and back case but would love a nice (real) leather case. BookBook used to do a really nice case but I don't think they do iPad cases anymore. There is Kavaj but I don't like the way their cases cover the bezel of the iPad. I'd love a Devicewear in real leather, that'd be nice!

dh4736

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2016
DE
Hi there. I am quite interested in the concept of the Booncover (reboon.de) in particular as this allows the iPad to be easily detached from the case (e.g. for weight reasons). Unfortunately it's not made specifically for the iPad and as such has no sleep/wake functionality. I'm about to see if I can modify it accordingly though as this would be the perfect case for me then.

Trouble though is that I could not find so far where the sleep / wake sensors in the iPad Pro 9.7 are placed. Does anyone have a clue? If not I am probably getting a cheap sleep/wake case and do some digging myself. think it's clearly worth it for the booncover...

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I think Apple's Silicone Case is really nice, and stays clean. Very expensive however.

If you didn't need a keyboard nor a Pencil and liked Apple's Smart Cases? I bought a "clone/counterfeit" off AliExpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/nice...pple-ipad-pro-case-9-7-cover/32650443102.html

Works very well actually, and for AUD$16 (around USD$13) delivered to Australia in around a week or so, I'm pretty happy with mine. Holes in the right places and magnets work properly. Feels pretty decent enough. I'd most likely purchase another colour later.

HTB1R7VdMFXXXXauXXXXq6xXFXXX5.jpg

I decided to take a punt on them as they seemed to make the effort in highlighting the different versions:

HTB1fySIMpXXXXbMXXXXq6xXFXXXU.jpg

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Just got my Pack & Smooch sleeve this afternoon and it's great! Really nice build quality. Slimmer than the SF Bags sleeve (which is still nice btw). This one holds my iPad Pro, Pencil, USB cable and Logitech Keys to Go. Pics are attached. Also posted a pic of it next to the SF Bags sleeve. Happy to answer any questions!

How you liking the Pack and Smooch sleeve? Still prefer it over the Waterfield sleeve case? Have it in my Etsy cart and still didn't pull the trigger.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
How you liking the Pack and Smooch sleeve? Still prefer it over the Waterfield sleeve case? Have it in my Etsy cart and still didn't pull the trigger.

Yes! Still very happy with the Pack and Smooch sleeve. I don't use it often but really enjoy the look of it and it fits everything I need when I do take the iPad on the go.

mflpf

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Has anyone tried the STM Atlas for the 9.7 Pro? I like the fact that it holds the pencil, but some of the reports for the 12.9 version say that it is very heavy.

simbany1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2011
Yes! Still very happy with the Pack and Smooch sleeve. I don't use it often but really enjoy the look of it and it fits everything I need when I do take the iPad on the go.

Glad to see you're still liking the Pack and Smooch. You think a Pro 9.7 with silicone case and ASK would fit easily or very snug?

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Glad to see you're still liking the Pack and Smooch. You think a Pro 9.7 with silicone case and ASK would fit easily or very snug?
Hmm...I think it might be a little snug but I think it'd fit.
[doublepost=1463504268][/doublepost]
What do you use when not on the go?

I have a bestskinsever on the back and a glass tempered screen protector on the front. I don't like the camera bump and have thought about Apple's silicone back to just keep on there all the time. Might actually do it but I like the thin iPad and I'm not that rough on my devices at home.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
I think Apple's Silicone Case is really nice, and stays clean. Very expensive however.

If you didn't need a keyboard nor a Pencil and liked Apple's Smart Cases? I bought a "clone/counterfeit" off AliExpress:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/nice...pple-ipad-pro-case-9-7-cover/32650443102.html

Works very well actually, and for AUD$16 (around USD$13) delivered to Australia in around a week or so, I'm pretty happy with mine. Holes in the right places and magnets work properly. Feels pretty decent enough. I'd most likely purchase another colour later.

HTB1R7VdMFXXXXauXXXXq6xXFXXX5.jpg

I decided to take a punt on them as they seemed to make the effort in highlighting the different versions:

This looks perfect. I wanted something that looks and feels like Apple's iPad Air 2 Smart Case and this looks like it fits the bill!

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
This looks perfect. I wanted something that looks and feels like Apple's iPad Air 2 Smart Case and this looks like it fits the bill!

Had to scrape the headphone jack a tad bigger for my earphones, but otherwise quite happy with it. My yellow one seems to feel a teeny thinner than the wife's "Midnight Blue", but my "logo" looks more natural. ;)

It's definitely not as thick and supple as Apple's leather Smart Case, but then they don't make one!

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
Guys, I have the Smart Cover for iPAD 4, and I am buying the iPAD PRO 9.7.

Will this old Smart Cover fit the new iPAD or do I need to get one specific for the Pro 9.7?

P.S. I am also purchasing the silicone case for the Pro 9.7.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

Will this old Smart Cover fit the new iPAD or do I need to get one specific for the Pro 9.7?

No, don't think it'll fit properly as the magnets are in a different place so the sleep/wake won't work.

Reactions: Perene

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007

The iPad 4th Generation also is a different shape, so no.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
I picked up the Red Case and Smart Cover. While this combo is absurdly overpriced....like....ridiculously expensive for a case, I must say the end product looks and feels very, very nice. I like it! All the cutouts and button works perfectly.
e12947767a1cfe107e6251d7188ed5f5.jpg
e6e1a5b5682af75a40812290019bf9a0.jpg
7510c6e2297e90da8fd635f6fbf1a75e.jpg
is the Red more orangish or darker like the old red leather smart covers?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I wish the still did the Apple leather case. Loved that. Was perfect. At the moment I've got the silicone back n front but it doesn't feel as nice as the leather.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.