Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdam123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
I'm just wondering why they wouldn't add the flashlight option onto the iPad despite newly implementing a True Tone Flash on the back of the iPad?

Reactions: Jetcat3

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
It's the only iPad that have flash. they can't put the flashlight in just for one model.

wdam123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2015
London, England
It's the only iPad that have flash. they can't put the flashlight in just for one model.
The iPod Touch 5 was the first iPod to have a flash and it has the flashlight option in control center while older generation doesn't, so why not the iPad?
[doublepost=1459450861][/doublepost]
they'll need to add it to the new build of iOS9...or 10
Hopefully, would be useful I guess

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
If you thought taking pictures with an iPad was funny, wait until they turn on the flashlight...
I'm in my room. It's dark. I need to get out of bed and go to the bathroom. Let me put my iPad down and fumble around trying to find my phone so I can use the flashlight on a different device.

Sitting on the couch playing on my iPad. Phone charging in the other room. Power goes out. Gotta get up to light some candles. Ow! Stubbed my toe on the corner of the coffee table because I couldn't see.

It's kind of silly to pretend a flashlight on the iPad wouldn't be useful.

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
Rather than fumbling around with an iPad you could try using your other senses to make it to the bathroom. My wife does it several times a night and hasn't fallen yet. Sure, it's an oversight by Apple but "first world problems"...

Reactions: Azzin

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
It's most likely an oversight. However, there's probably an app for that, just like everything else. I'm not looking for one since I don't have the new iPad yet, but those of you who are complaining can probably look and report their findings back here.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
Rather than fumbling around with an iPad you could try using your other senses to make it to the bathroom. My wife does it several times a night and hasn't fallen yet. Sure, it's an oversight by Apple but "first world problems"...
I don't know about you, but I can easily just hold an iPad without "fumbling around" with it.

Sure, it might not be an issue when you wake up in the middle of the night and your pupils are already dilated, but if you were just using your iPad and have to find your way around in the dark, it's a lot harder to see.

I honestly don't understand why anyone is arguing about having a flashlight on an iPad. :confused:

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
This is the biggest complaint with the new Pro 9.7" for me. Honestly such a small thing but yet so practical. Certainly something which is easily addressable with a software update.

In which case you must be doing ok. ;)

Honestly, you're looking for "faults" now, by moaning bout something you hadn't even thought about (or needed) until today IMO.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I often have my phone with me as I shut off lights/check locks in my house late at night, but usually don't turn the flashlight on when the glow from the main screen has more than enough light to give me a sure foot path.

If that doesn't give you enough light to maneuver, then you may have other problems in addition to the need for a "real" flashlight.

Reactions: off_piste

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
In which case you must be doing ok. ;)

Honestly, you're looking for "faults" now, by moaning bout something you hadn't even thought about (or needed) until today IMO.

Wasn't meaning to moan but yeah that's me being critical and pointing out very small things :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.