Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan SAE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Hey guys,

I've only posted on here a few times previously, but I feel as though my iPad 2 is beyond help right now. I was using the remote app, locked it, left it on the couch, walked away for 5 mins, picked it back up, and it was at the iOS 5 set up screen. Please note it was completely untouched, didnt drop, nothing, I unlocked it and it was at the set up screen. Every time I try to set it up, whether it be from itunes back up, icloud back up, or set up as new, it always goes back to the set up screen. Also note I did a hard reset with and without power being supplied, are there any other suggestions? Thanks!

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Sounds like whatever beta you were on just expired and one of many reasons that people that aren't developers or a beta tester for a developer shouldn't be installing the betas.

Dan SAE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
youre absolutely right, lesson learned...wheres the egg on face emoticon...

Dan SAE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
and btw, you were all faster at solving this issue than my buddy who worked at the Apple store, thank you!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.