Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmccand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
Anybody else notice that the keyboard shortcuts dont work when watching video, like pausing with spacebar or FF or RW with the arrow keys in the YouTube app, unless you tap on the video first? Even then it seems to time out, and you have to tap the video again! It worked flawlessly in iPadOS16, and since I’ve updated to 17, it’s having these issues.

I’m wondering if iPadOS 17 is causing it, or the YouTube app, or a combo? Is there any fix?

Thanks!

DBot0

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Anybody else notice that the keyboard shortcuts dont work when watching video, like pausing with spacebar or FF or RW with the arrow keys in the YouTube app, unless you tap on the video first? Even then it seems to time out, and you have to tap the video again! It worked flawlessly in iPadOS16, and since I’ve updated to 17, it’s having these issues.

I’m wondering if iPadOS 17 is causing it, or the YouTube app, or a combo? Is there any fix?

Thanks!
Seeing the issue as well. I’m on an 11” iPad Pro with Magic Keyboard.

trashalex

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2023
iPad Air 5th gen iPadOS 17.1 with magic keyboard - experiencing the same issue. Youtube App version 18.43.4 (up to date)

the issue started immediately after i updated the youtube app. not sure which version of youtube i was running before the update but i was running it on iPadOS 17 without issue

i’m so annoyed, controlling playback with just the touch screen/trackpad is a nightmare

RLRabb

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2011
I realize that you have been talking about the app, but I did notice that those things work fine on YouTube in Safari.

trashalex

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2023
I realize that you have been talking about the app, but I did notice that those things work fine on YouTube in Safari.
what’s weird for me is i tried it out in safari as well and it definitaly works much better while minimized but not at all in full screen. anybody know if i’m doing something wrong there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.