iPhone 1.1.3 to Include Copy/Paste?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 2, 2008.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

According to MacScoop, the recent iPhone 1.1.3 firmware leak is an incomplete and unpolished version of the upcoming iPhone update -- and may still contain a few surprises when it is finally released.

According to the rumor site, Apple intends to include copy/paste functionality into the final version of the 1.1.3 update. No details on how copy/paste would be implemented, or when the 1.1.3 update is expected. MacScoop has provided some rumor tidbits over the years, and was one of the first sites to predict the coming of the new ultra-portable Apple laptop.

Copy and Paste has been a much requested feature that is absent in the current version of the iPhone. The desire has even prompted a mockup video demonstrating how Apple might incorporate multi-touch Copy/Paste functionality into the iPhone.

Article Link
  2. twoodcc macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
    this would be great, and seems logical to put in the update. maybe we'll see video capture as well?
  3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    Hopefully MMS too! So surprising that it hasn't been incorporated already!
  4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    The proof of concept idea seems very functional but too many steps for average users to remember. I'd use it though :) Hope something Apple comes up with something similar or perhaps even more elegant, as they always do.
  5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    This would be nice and if 1.1.3 includes even half the features people have been bitching about (and jailbreaking over) I would assume this would put an end to many people feeling the need to JB their phones. I wouldn't have done it had that been the case.
  6. evilyankeefan macrumors regular

Aug 12, 2007
  7. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Mar 24, 2005
    A religiously oppressed state
    Something tells me we're all going to be very disappointed with this update...
  8. Frisco macrumors 68020

Sep 24, 2002
    Now only if they can get OS X to "Cut and Paste" :rolleyes:
  9. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Jun 20, 2007
    I copy and paste 100000x a day.

No problems here.
  10. ben5959 macrumors regular

Aug 15, 2007
    Let the record show that I'm calling BS right now. I would like to eat my words, but I doubt I will
  11. mrrydogg macrumors regular

Sep 2, 2007
    If it is really to include copy and paste, google maps upgrade with cell triangulation, SMS and/or MMS AND the ability to create/edit icons, to just name a few.....wouldn't it be more than just 1.1.3???

I think it would.

Heck, since I have been using Leopard for a little while, I would love it just to sync correctly (including notes and to-do lists) like they promised.
  12. sminman macrumors member

Aug 6, 2006
    I really want a video camera function on my iPhone and then have the ability to upload to You Tube on the go.

That would be awesome!!

Is it even possible for the iPhone to have a video camera feature? Does it have the hardware?
  13. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Jun 20, 2007
    Yep. An app should it could be done for 45 secs a pop.

I am pretty sure the chip or one of the chips inside it also is a video compressor among other things.
  14. firstapple macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2007
    Video Camera Feature possible? Yea, I remember seeing a thrid party app that showed proof that video was possible.

I am sure apple will hook us up soon, maybe not with all these features, though wouldn't it make sense? That way anyone that hacked their phone would think about not doing it anymore since apple is getting ready to release its SDK in two months...
  15. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

Jul 1, 2007
    Sherman Oaks
    I think earlier posters, who suggested that the 1.1.3 was an incomplete version to be replaced by 1.2 with quite a few surprising features, were on the right track.
    As far as MMS, not sure why we need the ability to send lo-fi files with messages when we can send higher resolution attachments with email.
    The only time I would need it is when a friend with an older phone (no email attachments) can only send me his lo res phone camera photo via ancient MMS.
  16. Low macrumors member

Nov 1, 2003
  17. yoman macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2003
    In the Bowels of the Cosmos
    Even though I am skeptical...I still am hopeful.. I really would like copy and paste.
  18. montana macrumors newbie

Apr 28, 2005
    Besides the obvious things like this, I would love to be able to save photos from websites to my iPhone.
  19. yoman macrumors 6502a

Nov 11, 2003
    In the Bowels of the Cosmos
    The article clearly states that the update will happen at Macworld.

20. galstaph macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2002
    The Great White North Eh
  21. mattvolp macrumors newbie

Mar 7, 2005

Finally, I have been waiting on this for what seems like forever!
  22. isalex macrumors newbie

May 8, 2007
  23. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Sep 13, 2002
    Surrey, UK
    This would be awesome. I sorely missed this feature about 10 mins ago when I wanted to delete a couple of paragraphs when replying to a long email, and had to delete each word one by one!!
  24. rush0 macrumors member

Jul 16, 2007
    The thing is, how would copy and paste work when copying text from like a webpage, being that the text isn't selectable after safari renders a webpage?
  25. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Apr 13, 2007
    Give me ichat and i promise i wont hack my phone again Steve!