Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Original poster
I got chocolate in the charging port of my iPhone 13 mini a while back, and rather than risk shorting something out I started using MagSafe. I can't get the iPhone to charge to full before it has to take a pause to return to normal temperature before getting to 100%. Is this common with MagSafe? It does get quite warm.

The other issue I've had recently is that when I charge it from dead it will almost instantly turn on to the lock screen, and I'll start to use it. Then it very quickly turns off and stays on the battery charging screen for a few minutes before I can actually turn it back on in earnest where it will stay on. I hadn't had that until recently.

The battery health started deteriorating quite quickly once I started using MagSafe and is now down to 82%, but it says it's still operating at Peak Performance Capability.

Wondering if anyone else is having these issues.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
MagSafe is killing your battery due to heat and the cells are especially sensitive to heat. What you're describing are symptoms of a really degraded battery. I'd get the Lightning port repaired - it isn't very expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.