Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stemi92

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2022
I just buy the iPhone 14 pro max on white and after 2 days (with apple silicone case) I noticed a paint mark on the upper side of the phone. It seems that they start painting the white line more left and then stopped it. We don't have an apple shop on my country so I purchased it from an authorized reseller. I called apple and they told me that they don't have a procedure for such a tiny defect.I know is very tiny but I am angry because I paid almost 2000 Euros for this.
IMG_3051.jpeg

Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I just buy the iPhone 14 pro max on white and after 2 days (with apple silicone case) I noticed a paint mark on the upper side of the phone. It seems that they start painting the white line more left and then stopped it. We don't have an apple shop on my country so I purchased it from an authorized reseller. I called apple and they told me that they don't have a procedure for such a tiny defect.I know is very tiny but I am angry because I paid almost 2000 Euros for this.
View attachment 2131360
Paint mark where ???

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Zed and kitKAC

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Here’s the deal with a “scratch” - even if it WAS scratched before the box was opened, good luck proving that. And, warranty/AppleCare+ do nothing for “cosmetic” issues. So you have two choices:
  1. Fiddle with support, argue your way up the ladder, “hope” you can work out a solution, “hope” for no issues with that solution.
  2. Return the phone, and buy another one. Yes, multiple week delays yada yada yada. But it’s a SURE fix.

Stemi92

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2022
Here’s the deal with a “scratch” - even if it WAS scratched before the box was opened, good luck proving that. And, warranty/AppleCare+ do nothing for “cosmetic” issues. So you have two choices:
  1. Fiddle with support, argue your way up the ladder, “hope” you can work out a solution, “hope” for no issues with that solution.
  2. Return the phone, and buy another one. Yes, multiple week delays yada yada yada. But it’s a SURE fix.
The problem is that the stores in my country that sells apple products doesn’t have a return policy! Apple says this is a cosmetic issue and the store just doesn’t accept a return! Also apple admitted that this is like a manufactured issue but it is a cosmetic one! So i am stuck with it and i am searching for a case that covers it!i am very disappointed!!

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
The problem is that the stores in my country that sells apple products doesn’t have a return policy! Apple says this is a cosmetic issue and the store just doesn’t accept a return! Also apple admitted that this is like a manufactured issue but it is a cosmetic one! So i am stuck with it and i am searching for a case that covers it!i am very disappointed!!

What country are you in?!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
View attachment 2131360
That's an antenna band🙄 No way to make that invisible.. All iPhones have had this in one form or other..

Ahamed

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2023
Just got the 14 pro max and noticed a noticeably small scrape on the bottom of the phone. Really annoyed at that and would’ve definitely returned the phone, however with the device being so limited/nearly impossible to purchase rn and having no backup phone, returning the phone isn’t an option. Very frustrating. I’m wondering if any of y’all had that bad luck this launch time

Just got the 14 pro max and noticed a noticeably small scrape on the bottom of the phone. Really annoyed at that and would’ve definitely returned the phone, however with the device being so limited/nearly impossible to purchase rn and having no backup phone, returning the phone isn’t an option. Very frustrating. I’m wondering if any of y’all had that bad luck this launch time?
I have also a same problem what I do for that?

Attachments

• 1692094834746390100115032278617.jpg
    1692094834746390100115032278617.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 91

dustSafa

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
My iPhone 14 Pro was sent back. Now, we wait to see who's right:
- Mail stating 15 Oct
- Apple rep telling me they will send a new phone as soon as they get mine.

Hope the latter.
I’m in the same boat for my 15pm. Do you remember when they sent you the replacement? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.