Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Hi, This has been bugging me for a while, but I took some comparison photos today which seemed to have proved what I thought was happening. For sometime I've felt that the images off the back camera were a bit 'off'. Many photos look a bit washed out, or kind of have this white haze to them. It's hard to explain, bit I took a couple of snaps with my wife's 13 mini and her photos were clearly better.

Here's mine...

IMG_0997.jpeg

and here's my wife's 13 mini...

IMG_5614.jpeg

I'm guessing the next step is juts to take it to an Apple store and get it checked out, but wondered if anyone had experienced the same issue?

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
Yeah I'd definitely take it to an Apple Store. I had the regular 13 before I got my 14 pro max and my 14 pro max takes better photos for sure.

SBA

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2008
I'm curious if they said anything about this on your phone, OP. I think I've had a similar issue, but can't say for certain. Pictures on my 14 Pro look like you described (sharp, but sort of a haze over the entire image with almost over-exposed whites) but only on my phone's display.

They look perfectly 'normal' when viewing them in Photos on a Mac connected to a Dell external display or in the Photos app on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.