Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Just received my mulberry FineWoven case and it’s definitely interesting.

- Back feels soft and velvety and suede like. There seems to be some padding and bounce to it
- Sides seem to be somewhere between hard plastic and nylon. If you look closely you can see a fabric type pattern
- Feels thinner and lighter than a silicone case
- Back seems to attract fluff and lint quite easily. I’ll be applying a scotch guard spray or similar to make it more water repellant.

Keen to see pics of other colours and your thoughts!

IMG_0540.jpeg
IMG_0537.jpeg
IMG_0538.jpeg
IMG_0539.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg

Last edited:

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I got the blue finewoven case yesterday for the 15 Pro Max.

I like the color but not the feeling of the case at all. The sides feel okay, but the finewoven back just doesn't feel premium and as I do some farming I don't think it will look good after getting some dirt on it from time to time. With the leather giving it a small rinse would work well but I think this case is much easier stained.

So it's going back to Apple.

cookiemonster89

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Everyone who got a case could you just check the bottom where the usb c port is. Mine has there a little dent. Looks like the material was „married“ there. Just curious if this is the case on every case 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpeg
    IMG_1105.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 361

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Everyone who got a case could you just check the bottom where the usb c port is. Mine has there a little dent. Looks like the material was „married“ there. Just curious if this is the case on every case 😂
That's not on the blue one I've got

Last edited:

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
You’re onto something mate. Mine also has that joint, though not as pronounced as yours.

Doesn’t really bother me though

IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg

leifp

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
Canada
Just received my mulberry FineWoven case and it’s definitely interesting.

- Back feels soft and velvety and suede like. There seems to be some padding and bounce to it
- Sides seem to be somewhere between hard plastic and nylon. If you look closely you can see a fabric type pattern
- Feels thinner and lighter than a silicone case
- Back seems to attract fluff and lint quite easily. I’ll be applying a scotch guard spray or similar to make it more water repellant.

Keen to see pics of other colours and your thoughts!

Edit - The pattern showing up in the second pic isn't a true representation of what you see in real life. It doesn't look like that on my 12 mini screen LOL.
There must be some heavy processing and compression when I uploaded these...
As someone with a mini, I just couldn’t get my head (nor my hands) around the thought of leaping up to the Max size. I can always change my order, just wondering if you have any hesitations… or if receiving the case made that better. Or worse…

Ilikechainrestaurants

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2017
Mine delivers today, interested to see if it's a disappointment as is implied here. I assumed it might be similar to the Peak Design cases of the last couple of years, which are great cases and the fabric is tight, doesn't pick up lint and seems to wear very slowly.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
3A0C86CC-8E97-4D1C-91F7-F592E0D1C900.jpeg

Screenshot comparison of the now defunct leather case from the 14 series, vs its successor, the Finewoven on the 15 series, from this YouTube video

Honestly, in my opinion, seeing the comparison above, I think I will really miss the leather cases. They just look far more premium. The Finewoven just looks like cardboard in comparison, which isn’t great - and carries the same premium price tag - but who knows, haven’t yet seen one in person, that might change my mind. Ironically, the sides of the case more closely resemble the old leather case.

Reactions: Lcgiv and mikext

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
As someone with a mini, I just couldn’t get my head (nor my hands) around the thought of leaping up to the Max size. I can always change my order, just wondering if you have any hesitations… or if receiving the case made that better. Or worse…
I’ve always used the iPhone Pro Max.

I sold my 14 PM a few weeks ago and was just using my 12 mini as a temporary phone haha

Reactions: leifp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.