Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IHaveNoInspiration

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2023
Hey guys,

Just wanted to alert you to another screen burn in issue, got my 15 PM on September 22nd.

This is how it looks on my screen at very dim levels, against a grey background.

The local Apple reseller where I live claimed that Apple is aware and that it's due to a software bug and a new software is about to be released and as such they wouldn't take it as a warranty issues, asked me to wait for the coming software. Her general appearance and lack of eloquence together with my own technical know-how however left me skeptical to say the least..
A phone call to Apple Care however ended with them recommending me to have the screen replaced (they received same image + few more as posted below).

Anyone else experiencing this or having had experience with the same?

It did not make any difference to turn the phone off for half an hour nor having it run a pixel saver video from Youtube at max brightness for a few hours. AOD is off since discovery yesterday evening though I do not blame that feature as the issue as you can clearly see the app icons.
I do not play games on the phone, mainly messages and social media.

Happy to receive any helpful advice, thanks in advance.

1696801158382.png

• Wow
Reactions: Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.