Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
I've noticed that the iPhone 15 Pro Max is still very laggy.
I bought it on release day and had exchanged it.
The first one had quality control issues and I swapped it.
The second one seemed very good and was able to transfer all my stuff.

I've had the phone for a while now and it's still very laggy when typing and swiping menus.
I keep closing all the apps. Has anyone noticed the same thing?
I did not know lagginess until I read your post. Thank you for letting us know. 😊

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Trying it to update it now, but work wifi blocks Apple's servers :O
I was surprised to find out that on my new iPhone 15 you can now download iOS updates over cellular. I could never do that before! Might want to give it a try if you have a good data plan.

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Mine has animation lag badly. When the icons fly in they shudder. What is worse is when recording video and panning there are moments where the video freezes. I hate it. I don't know why it is doing this.

highdefjunkie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2010
Chicago
When I first got my 15PM I noticed a little bit of lag, but that’s normal while it indexes. Other than that, zero lag issues

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I found it took a few days for my phone to get to maximum performance all around, including battery life.

First few days of usage I was worried about battery life because it seemed to drain about twice as fast as my 11 Pro Max did with similar usage! But then suddenly it started sipping energy and I'm back to the happy place of a day of regular usage taking me down to 40-50%.

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
I’ve had my 15 Pro for a week now and it’s blazing fast! iOS 17.4. Maybe only a split second faster than my 14 Pro was, but a welcome boost all the same and a joy to use 😁

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.