Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neo61uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
Bristol
Hiya

Anyone else have issues with touch responsiveness on iPhone 15 pro after applying Glass Screen protector - from Spigen in my case.

Haven’t even use the phone without as fitted to brand new as soon as opened. But I’m struggling with occasional letter missed when typing and apps not opening when touched etc.
Seems I need to press harder to response occasionally.

Anyone else ?

Reactions: MikesGravity

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
This has been reported a lot in the last 2 days. I have done some testing and the touch screen its self is actually working perfectly...its the system that is lagging and missing keystrokes.

Download the app Touch Check to verify your screen is working.

I am 99% sure it is a software thing that hopefully will be fixed soon. It's driving me insane!

skrungemaster

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2020
Haven’t had that issue here, I’ve always used amfilm brand and they are really top notch.

In the watch app though, yeah the keyboard was super laggy as I was signing into iCloud.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
No issues here on a 15 Pro Max. The screen protector I got was also from Spigen -- it was free and came with a plastic mounting frame that made it easy to place the protector on the phone, perfectly aligned and with no bubbles. First time that's ever happened. If you got two protectors in the box like I did you might try the second one. If not, contact Spigen and they'll probably send you another.

NdTonks

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
No issues here on a 15 Pro Max. The screen protector I got was also from Spigen -- it was free and came with a plastic mounting frame that made it easy to place the protector on the phone, perfectly aligned and with no bubbles. First time that's ever happened. If you got two protectors in the box like I did you might try the second one. If not, contact Spigen and they'll probably send you another.
It is heavily dependent how how fast you type. But thats great if you are not having the issue. I have a 15PM and it is absolutely missing letters when I type a message. A lot of people with same issue reporting this on Reddit and other sites today.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
No touch screen issues on my phone. Spigen provides two screen protectors. Remove the current one and use the second one. If still persist, contact Spigen and Apple Support if needed. Wish your problem resolved!

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
Will receive my 15PM tomorrow and already bought Spigen Glas.tR EZ Fit. Will report back

For what it’s worth I tried two demo units today in store and there was absolutely no problem with the touch screen

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I have this issue. I have tried spigen and Toras protectors and both have the touch delay/lag. Appears to me to be software issue.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
No issue with amFilm protector although it only covers the display area.

Yours isn't the first report I have seen though, has Apple changed the touch sensitivity or have the screen protectors got thicker?

neo61uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
Bristol

Yours isn't the first report I have seen though, has Apple changed the touch sensitivity or have the screen protectors got thicker?
Think it depend on how people use their iPhones. I communicate with customers on my phone all day. Type very fast I think and hence it’s annoying. When I’m typing slowly the issue is not so much pronounced.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
Installed Spigen GLAStR EZ FIT on my 15 Pro Max, zero touch input problems thankfully. Everything working as expected, even when typing super fast with two hands.

If someone feels some kind of delay that might a software problem. Maybe corrupted backup? Background apps? No idea, mine is smooth

jkingrph

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
I got my Pro Max this afternoon and installed one of the Spigen screen protectors. That was the easiest install I have done, perfect with no bubbles. THey really did it right with that frame. Tried the touch screen test app and it works perfectly.

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

Woody1073

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2019
United Kingdom

I’m using amFilm and I’m sometimes struggling to press on the correct part of the screen to select the option I want I’m sometimes having to do multiple touches until my choice is accepted

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
Anyone think this issue will be resolved with 17.1?

Even without screen protector, typing sometimes has a hard time keeping up. With a screen protector it’s way worse. Pretty damn annoying!

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Anyone think this issue will be resolved with 17.1?

Even without screen protector, typing sometimes has a hard time keeping up. With a screen protector it’s way worse. Pretty damn annoying!

Hopefully. I’m on the beta and hoping to see a fix soon.

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
Had problems with the fit of the Spigen Ezfit, but no touch issues. Zero lag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.