Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
What issue is that?

It's not really an SMS issues, seems to be across the board. When you load the SMS app and attempt to type a text, the keyboard is slow and/or unresponsive. I've had this happen in SMS, Safari and Mail as well.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Why on earth can Apple forget to add a MMS feature? I am so tired of having a snapshot that I want everyone to see and not being able to send it to everyone. I am SO tired of being only able to send to people with email addresses. EVERY OTHER PHONE HAS AN MMS FEATURE EXCEPT iPhone! I mean the iPhone can do EVERYTHING else basically except MMS:mad:

Don't mean to vent but CHEESE AND RICE Apple!

Email the image to their phone number. 1xxxxxxxxxx@wireless.att.com or something like that. And each carrier has a different @_.com address (t-mobile is tmomail.net)

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
Anyone know how to get a direct link?

Odd situation. I'm using the single USB port on my Macbook Air for internet and if I unplug it to plug in the iPhone I can't check for updates because theres no internet lol.

what, your 1500 computer can't do both at the same time?? lol

rdstoll

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Cripes.....237MB for the iphone software update AND you have to have itunes 8.0 to be able to download it, so that's another 75MB to download. Apple firmly in the bloatware category.

Hopefully this does fix the signal issues. I've had more dropped calls on AT&T with the iPhone since July than I did in five years at Verizon.

brian5

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
CT, USA
Hey, it's highly recommended that you go into 'Airplane mode' when making this update. Prevents interference or calls etc.

Installing it now...

Pamani

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
California
damn, i tried right before i left for work and it wasnt available, now im at work and it is. oh well ill just have to wait till i get home

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
Why on earth can Apple forget to add a MMS feature? I am so tired of having a snapshot that I want everyone to see and not being able to send it to everyone. I am SO tired of being only able to send to people with email addresses. EVERY OTHER PHONE HAS AN MMS FEATURE EXCEPT iPhone! I mean the iPhone can do EVERYTHING else basically except MMS:mad:

you can send it to their mobile using an email address format.

just send to [phone number]@vzwpix.net for verizon, and similar things to other networks. I can't remember them exactly, but it works just fine, and you dont get charged since its an email.
search on the web there is a site telling you how to do it.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
3hrs

Lucky you. I've got 3 hours left. Does anyone have it installed yet? Can you send images through SMS yet?

3hrs??? You have got to be kidding me! It would be quicker if you just wrote the code yourself!

It took me four minutes!!!! I haven't installed yet!

But I still want to know- will it break Netshare????

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Biggest Surprise

The biggest piece of news is that they actually told us what the patch contains in the release notes this time. :eek:

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London

Where in the world are you? In the UK on O2 you can use http://www.o2mms.net

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.