Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Willopedia1205

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2021
Hello everyone of the MacRumors forums! This is my first ever post on this website so if I am not posting this in the right place then please let me know and guide me!
Anyways, I've had a thought come into my head recently and I am wondering if anyone actually still uses the original iPhone, the iPhone 2G (1st generation) as their daily driver phone? If anyone does here on this site or knows someone that does still uses one daily then I would love to hear what it's like to use one now in Late 2021/almost 2022!

Thank You to everyone who responds to me and gives me good information! Have a good day everyone!

botinhas

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
Hello!
I use it as a second phone for an international SIM card. I can hardly call it "daily driver" but it still works flawlessly. Obviously no 2G data (but on WIFI is fine) and I use just the very basic apps and games that were left when AppStore stopped working.
Here it is a picture of it on the 10th anniversary: https://www.instagram.com/p/BV5q5bYF9qJ/

Reactions: Willopedia1205
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.