Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kironin

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2004
Texas
- Ability to close all open Safari windows. Previously there was no ability to close the last remaining Safari window, but a red "x" is now functional in the page navigation, allowing users to close the final window, replacing it with a blank page.

finally, I can stop having to create a new page just so I can close a page!

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
To be fair, if responsiveness is a determining item in the crap-factor of a phone's OS then the iPhone's OS gets closer to crap with each update.
Especially lately. My iPhone has been VERY laggy lately. Even AFTER soft resetting & hard resetting.

Restore your iPhone through iTunes, and set it up as a new phone, as opposed to restoring from a backup. You'll lose settings, 3rd party app data, and will be starting from scratch (but with all your data still in iTunes such as your apps, music, etc). If you can stand losing some of that data, then I would highly suggest doing this to restore your phone to it's rightful place. It has an OS on it, just like any computer, and needs to be reinstalled every now and then depending on how you use it.

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2008
I haven't yet upgraded to the beta versions yet, but I wonder if at sometime Flash will be available. Adobe said they are working on adding it, and I noticed that in iPhone OS 2.2.1 (maybe even earlier) there is an option under Settings/Safari for Plug-Ins on or off. So hopefully sometime a plugin will be available even as a separate download. Hey, I can keep my fingers crossed.

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah more useless features!!! How about an option to remove "Stocks" or "Contacts" or any other default app some people never use. How about letting us customize our experience with different dock options. Nope! We get the "Fed Ex" Ship your package app or "iLevel" so when you're on a job, you can whip out your $400 phone and level that wall. What's next...an american idol app (oh wait)... nevermind

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.