Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markerz

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
That was interesting, Markerz, 非常有意思 :)。 What is the source for the Chinese info you quoted, is it a forum, a Chinese blog, an online newspaper, something else??

So many sites report it~

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I haven't read through the whole thread, but you mean it's just a summary of stuff in this very thread?? :confused: And here I was hoping it was a Chinese website that was giving Macrumors some free publicity. :p

Sorry I meant that that particular news story has been posted a couple of times in this thread and debunked also.

ICEBreaker

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
It seems that many people in the forum aren't aware that Asian girls tend to look a lot younger than their Western counterparts. I have heard some Chinese people make the exact opposite comments about Western children. "Your daughter is only 14? She looks older than my 21 year old daughter!" LOL!

As for the comments about the Olympic gymnasts, the Chinese are calling the US sore losers. I guess everyone sees things from their own perspective only. Don't be so quick to judge things that are foreign.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
the complete debate about how Chinese, Korean and Japanese people differ in their looks is completely off topic and can be considered racist not educational because it does not really matter.
Around these parts you find out that it is important to them. As a foreigner, you don't want to make the mistake of misidentifying one. They get rather upset.

To put it into perspective, I guess Germans, French, English, Irish, Italians and Swedish, are the same so why worry about differentiating between them. ;)

DonnyPauling

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2008
ok, here's couple of example of factory shots taken with iphone:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photography4me/1199206125/sizes/l/

better?

if you find factory pics of that quality taken with iphone, please contribute positively and share them. don't just try to come up with reasons why the ones i found aren't valid.

I saw this link in my referral logs. For the record, that photo was shot indoors through clouded glass at the Loleta Cheese Factory. Very clouded glass.

There are tons of great photos shot with the iPhone on my Photo Blog (look in the iPhone category).

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I'm glad this thread has been resurrected. We must never ever forget what iPhone girl has done for us. :D

JoeyRamone

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2008
New York & China
I'm glad this thread has been resurrected. We must never ever forget what iPhone girl has done for us. :D

Yes we should thank the migrant Chinese workers who work 60 hours a week 6 or 7 days a week for about $120 a month so we can buy car loads of Chinese made junk and spiffy gadgets so that the USA can always be indebted to Communist China and send not only jobs out of our country but over $321 billion dollars a year to a country with the worst human rights records on Earth and carelessly poisons the rest of the world with its untreated pollution.

Yes indeed Iphone girl. Thank you for your devotion.

And thank China for killing the rest of the world's supply of clean air.

esaleris

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Yes we should thank the migrant Chinese workers who work 60 hours a week 6 or 7 days a week for about $120 a month so we can buy car loads of Chinese made junk and spiffy gadgets so that the USA can always be indebted to Communist China and send not only jobs out of our country but over $321 billion dollars a year to a country with the worst human rights records on Earth and carelessly poisons the rest of the world with its untreated pollution.

Not sure how the migrant worker can be to blame, unless you want to say that he/she shouldn't be allowed to be pursuing the best economic situation for his/her situation. I would think that the correct attribution for your feelings should be directed at consumers that fuel this materialist behavior and corporations that either strategically cater to it, or do so to stay competitive.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007

Oh please! China's economy is growing enormously fast due to workers like her. She is likely working in order to help feed her family, something that Americans wouldn't know anything about. Everyone here just has their hand out thinking the govt owes them something. What made the USA so powerful is everybody used to work for their living. Not anymore. Everyone wants stuff for free. If you don't like communism, just look at all the bailouts going on.

And btw, i'm sure there are a lot of Chinese made items that you use on a daily basis, including apple products. So, don't be a hypocrite and don't go and buy apple products anymore.

taytho

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
at what stage of the production were those at. do you think that girls job was to put the lid on the box or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.