Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
hey everyone, i have a similar problem on iphone 3gs 4.1 unlocked and jailbroken with ipad baseband, i belive is the new bootroom and i dont have the shsh saved.
i thought that i was going to be able to upgrade to 4.3 today with no problem but im getting the 1015 error on itunes, right now the phone its on recovery and im not able to take it out, any advice i would really appreciate it :)

When you chose to use the ipad baseband it came with a number of warnings. One of those was that you will never be able to restore to standard software ever again. You can only restore to custom firmware.

You should go back and read those warnings. If you want to go to 4.3 you should wait until pwnage tool has an official update and cydia works properly on 4.3 neither of which are true at the moment.

christalmighty

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2011
Solution

For those of you still having troubles, here's the fix:

I tried every goddamn thing I could think of to even get my iphone to normally restore with itunes. The problem was, the jailbreak was preventing it.

edit C:\windows\system32\drivers\hosts as administrator and delete the 'gs.apple.com' line. This allows a restore in itunes. No jailbreak, though.

Hope this helps.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
For those of you still having troubles, here's the fix:

I tried every goddamn thing I could think of to even get my iphone to normally restore with itunes. The problem was, the jailbreak was preventing it.

edit C:\windows\system32\drivers\hosts as administrator and delete the 'gs.apple.com' line. This allows a restore in itunes. No jailbreak, though.

Hope this helps.
Your post really has nothing to do with this thread. If you were able to fix your problem by editing the host file, it is because it was pointing to cydia instead of apple and the baseband was not being signed by apple. The cause of your problem is that you previously ran Tiny Umbrella to save your shsh and that modified your host file. The next time you run Tiny Umbrella your host file will be changed again. To fix this permanently open Tiny umbrella, go to advance options and uncheck the box that says "leave host file to cydia on exit" close tiny umbrella and you are good to go.

hemangvaghela

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
1015 error solution

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate “hosts” file.

Open this “hosts” file in Notepad (for Windows) or TextEdit (for Mac OS X) and add this

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.