Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cramerica916

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Hey all.

Really stoked for the Dev-Team! Big THX to you guys!!!

Its been a long month after i bb'ed my iphone 3gs to 05.14.02 and lost my unlock after updating to 4.1.2. Ive punched myself numerous times in the face for it.

That is why im trying to be extra careful this time around. I've got the Pwnage unlock tool 4.1.3, the new redsn0w 0.9.6beta5, and the custom iPad FW 3.2.2. My 3gs is already jailbroken with greenpois0n. I understand that i need to update the BB to 06.15.00 with PT and re-jailbreak it with redsn0w to get the unlock to work

But can anyone clarify this step from the dev-team? i need to add this bundle to PT before i go through the process? Seems crucial:

Update #1: There’s an error in the bundle for the iPhone3GS 4.1 that prevents the new baseband from being used. If you know your way around OSX, please download the fixed bundle, and unzip it if Safari hasn’t already done so. Then “Show Package Contents” of PwnageTool.app, navigate to Contents->Resources->FirmwareBundles and drop it there. Otherwise, please wait for the updated PwnageTool, or the OSX version of redsn0w coming soon.

Really appreciate it if a pro can help out a regular joe. I miss my iphone.

cramerica916

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
I figured i have the new boot rom since i updated the bb to 05.14.02 with 4.1.2. Before this happen it was on 3.1.2 with blackra1n and unlocked.

So i install the new PT and then drop the file they provide into the stated directory AND THEN start the j/b and unlock process?

thanks for the swift replies!

cramerica916

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
followed all the instructions! my iphone 3gs is on 06.15.00 with 4.1 and the unlock works!!!! Making calls on T-mobile again!!! I got my digital life back!!!!

THANK YOU DEV-TEAM!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!
I GOT MY IPHONE BACK!!!!! YOU'VE MADE MY DAY!!!!

F.U. TO ALL THE HATERS, LIARS, AND CONS!!! AND ESPECIALLY A BIG F.U. TO APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
How's the performance with that baseband, connection wise, call quality drops etc? As I understand it the iPad passband was never meant for a phone.

cramerica916

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
I can say after using it for almost 24hrs, that the unlock and all the features work just like they did before i screwed up my last hack. All my apps work. I've had no issues with anything except...

The only thing i have noticed is the battery is draining really fast. A quarter of the battery is gone in just over an hour!

I know the battery on the iphone sucks, but this hack really does suck the juice out of it.

For now i can deal with it. Still beats the crappy nokia phone i was using the last couple of weeks.

AGAIN!! THANK YOU DEV-TEAM!!!!

g0rdhan

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010
This should also work with iPhone 3G correct?
I am currently JB on 4.1, BB-5.14.02... but im NOT unlocked. I have old Bootrom, so downgrading is impossible i think.

iLover1

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2010
This should also work with iPhone 3G correct?
I am currently JB on 4.1, BB-5.14.02... but im NOT unlocked. I have old Bootrom, so downgrading is impossible i think.

once you upgrade your firmware and Baseband, its imposible to downgrade you can only upgrade, but not until a new baseband comes out. but again if you want to stay unlock why upgrade...right?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
once you upgrade your firmware and Baseband, its imposible to downgrade you can only upgrade, but not until a new baseband comes out. but again if you want to stay unlock why upgrade...right?

You can always downgrade your firmware (as long as you have the shsh files saved). The baseband however, can never be downgraded.

g0rdhan

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010

I am currently locked, and I can't use another sim-card :(. I just wanted to be sure of the risks I'm taking with upgrading. The redsn0w JB is untethered correct? So it's safe for my phone to run out of battery or for me to manually switch it on/off?

You can always downgrade your firmware (as long as you have the shsh files saved). The baseband however, can never be downgraded.

How do i save my SHSH? Sorry for the noob questions :confused:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I am currently locked, and I can't use another sim-card :(. I just wanted to be sure of the risks I'm taking with upgrading. The redsn0w JB is untethered correct? So it's safe for my phone to run out of battery or for me to manually switch it on/off?

How do i save my SHSH? Sorry for the noob questions :confused:

Its only untethered for the early booloader 3GS models and all 3G iphones.
download and run idetector to figure out if you have the old or new bootrom.
http://www.gadgetsdna.com/idetector-find-bootrom-version-for-iphone-3gs-ios-4-jailbreak/4254/
If you have the old is untethered, new is tethered.
Good luck.

g0rdhan

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010

david martin

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2010

PinoySaMI

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2010
it means u need to replace a file in the pwnage tool app with the one you download from them. Very simple to just drop in there.

I use the Pwnage tool and ultrasnow but my BB stayed at 5.14.02. Could somebody be a little bit more specific. I want to unlock my daughter's iphone 3GS.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.