Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ganesha

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
I don't have any of those problems... Looks like I missed out on ANOTHER 5 class action lawsuits. What Gives?

/s

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
Yes the phone may have problems for some people but the OP is either a Troll or completely negative person based on their first and then responses to this thread.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
iPhone 4 for me is the best it's ever been. I've never dropped any calls PERIOD with AT&T. Sorry that you guys are having issues but my experience like always with apple is golden. :cool:

wallyn

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Iphone 4 keeps rebooting

No screen problems and good reception. Problem is every 3 to 5 minutes while in a conversation the dammed thing will reboot. happens consistently. Anyone else with this problem ?

vkramer

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
My Wi-Fi app store downloads are incredibly slow on iPhone 4. I did a speedtest and im getting download rates of 11mb/s. Wi-Fi works perfectly on MBP, but the iPhones are hanging up downloading apps and network usage in general.

markdu

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2009
Memphis area
Well crap. I was hoping it would have better reception. My 3gs had weak reception and would drop out. I had to go outside for calls if I wanted them to stay connected.

I'll post when I get home tonight and see if I have any problems and report back.

No yellow on my iPhone. I have 5 bars in my house. Had two at most with 3gs. No dropouts on calls. 3gs would drop out a lot in the house. Had to go outside to use the phone.

I got lucky and got a good phone.

UniPro

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
Orange County, CA
Well I thought I was immune to any iPhone 4 problems but I just hit a major bug.

Was minding my own business on my computer when I noticed my iPhone screen light, thinking it was a text or a call I go to pick up. Then the weirdness starts. The phone kept soft restarted, what jailbreakers know as a respring. The thing kept doing this constantly every 10 seconds. I finally get it to reboot, but when I reach the homescreen it gives me the message about rearranging icons, the one that pops up after using your phone for the first time or after a restore.

It gets worse after that. I go to the About page under settings and it shows no songs, but all the space is taken up by them still. I think to myself, "That's odd." I then proceed to open up the iPod app only to have it crash instantly.

I've only had the phone 5 hours and I've have to restore. Not happy. Never in my two years of owning an iPhone have I ever experienced anything like this.

Anybody else have anything similar happen to them?

**Update:** Just rebooted my phone again now things seem to be okay. iPod app works and all songs are there. WTH?!

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
No yellow on my iPhone. I have 5 bars in my house. Had two at most with 3gs. No dropouts on calls. 3gs would drop out a lot in the house. Had to go outside to use the phone.

I got lucky and got a good phone.

Same here. No problems at all, great reception, extremely pleased.

hypoh

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2009
No problems with mine. Can't replicate the dropped signal bars problem at all...

spiderguy84

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
No sim error message here. Comes and goes. My wifes is fine and we switch out sim cards and whatever one goes to mine would randomly have problems. On hold with apple now

LemmycautioN

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
Seattle
I just got my iPhone 4 in the mail and got it synced and everything. The first thing that I noticed is that the color profile is more yellowish than my iphone 2g which has a blue hue to it.

The difference is like the display profiles on a macbook being changed from color LCD to sRGB 2.1 - not a huge deal (but I do prefer the sRGB)

I haven't noticed much of an issue with the reception, but I haven't spent too much time on calls.

I do have yellow blotches on the bottom of the screen and that is a real bummer. The photos I've seen posted are small circles, my is a long oval that runs along the bottom of the screen (about half of the screen)

At least I noticed it before I put on the Zagg invisible shield. I made that mistake with the 2g; I had to swap it because of a defective battery and I lost the invisible shield because of it.

BTW it's the black 16gb

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
SOLID device. iOS4 was made for iPhone 4. It just fits together and works seamlessly. Screen, sound, camera is great.
ONLY one issue... and very annoying one. Dropping reception when holding the phone in my left hand. hopefully there's a fix for that soon.

Other than that, very happy with the battery life and phone in general.

goombamd

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
this is important thread

This thread is important to stay near the top -- you won't think so until your iphone has a problem, like the yellow screen on the corner of my brand new iPhone 4.

SycoraX

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Bad reception and messed up proximity sensor are 2 biggest issues I've noticed so far.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
I don't think this is a troll thread. With any product release there is a certain percentage that are faulty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.