Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbtwo31984

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
In NYC, I get 3G in some places, and Edge in others. At my house, I get Edge, if I walk 2 blocks away, I get 3G. Next to my work I only get Edge (a few blocks from the 5th Ave Apple store, I would assume they'd want to have 3G working there...) It looks like it depends on the tower it connects to and only some towers were changed.

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Tmobile just announced Kansas City today as their second live 1900mhz market. Meaning its 75-80% refarmed.

Based on the map from airportal, Los Angeles, NY, Houston, and DC look pretty far along as well. Not much going on down here in the southeast yet though.

Boogsephine

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Interesting.
I didnt know that.
How is their monthly 4G plans without contract prices? As good as the value plans?
I wouldnt mind 5GB.

Starting sometime in November the $70 Monthly4G plans will be truly unlimited 4G data. Currently the $70 plan is for 5GB of data and then throttled but it is about to change.

MizterKewl

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
I've getting 3G coverage now in Atlanta since about Mid-October. It's mostly in the midtown, downtown areas. Still a little spotty and they are clearly working on it because at first I got 3G in my apartment (in midtown) then about 2 weeks later my data wouldn't work at all in my apartment if I wasn't on WiFi. Now a couple weeks later it works fine. I talked to some Tmobile reps and they said everything should be complete by the end of the year and that I "should have the best coverage I ever had" :rolleyes: we will see....lol

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Can anyone post the MMS APN settings, for some reason I'm not able to surf the web or check emails, but I am connected to 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.